Chapter 14 - Moving Forward

Reader's POV

'I don't love you!' His words rang out in your head making tears sting your eyes as you quickly got dressed. "_____, just give him some time."

"No Steve, he made it very clear he didn't want me here so I'm leaving."

"Come on ______ he's just scared that he's gonna hurt you."

"Well he did! Not physically but mentally he did. Steve I can't stay here. If I stay her its just a matter of time til he makes an excuse and leaves again, and I can't do that to you."

"We'll come up with a way-"

"No Steve this is the only way. I love you and I love him so the best thing for me to do is to go home. Genie!" You call out as walk toward the kitchen. "You rang my lady?" You hear his familiar voice say and without turning toward him you say, "I wanna go home." A few silent seconds pass before you hear him say, "I must say I wasn't expecting this," You turn toward him your head tilted in confusion as you say, "What were you expecting?"

"Well for starters you two did everything to save each other and this is how you're just going to end it?"

"Yes, now send me home,"

"This isn't how it was supposed to go, you were supposed to stay here that's how it was foreseen."

"Well whoever foresaw it was wrong now send me home."

He sighs as he looks over toward your bedroom where Bucky was still sitting his head in his hands. He turns to see Steve staring at you a worried look on his face and sighs as he says, "As you wish, but before I do would you like to say goodbye?" You take a deep breath as you walk over and wrapping your arms around Steve say, "I'll never forget you Steven Rogers."

"I wish you could stay. You were like a little sister to me." He says as his arms tighten around you. 

"I love you too Steve. Will you tell Bucky I said goodbye and that even though it didn't work out I will always love him?" Steve nods and you feel tears sting your eyes as you pull away and start to walk over to the Genie when Steve says, "Wait!" He walks over to a bookshelf and pulling out a book opens it up and pulling out a picture he hands it too you. "Here, something to remember us by." 

Taking the picture you look down to see a picture of Steve and Bucky from back in the 1940's and tears start falling from your eyes. "Thank you Steve, I will always keep it close to me and I will never forget you."

You look over to your room one last time and sigh as you say, "I'm ready Genie," 

"Even though I am completely against this I will do as you ask. Take my hand and you will wake up in your bed in your own world." Biting your lip you reluctantly reach your hand out to his and with one last look at Steve you take the genie's hand and are instantly blinded by a bright light.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blinking you look up to see the familiar ceiling of your old apartment and the tears that you had so tried to hold back started cascading down your face. You heart was broken. You would never be the same again, not after all you had seen and witnessed. You laid there crying your eyes out with the picture Steve had given you clutched tightly to your chest. The next morning you finally find the courage to push yourself out of your bed and walk into the living room where you pull a picture frame off of the mantel and pulling the picture of you and your ex out of it you gently place the picture of Steve and Bucky in it and place it gently back on top of the mantel.