Chapter 3 - Pierce

Steve's POV

Steve lets out a sigh as he drives down the road. How could he have let them take ______? He was in charge of protecting her and he had failed. He had promised her he would protect her and now he had no idea where they had taken her. He felt a wave of disappointment flood over him as he contemplated banging on the steering wheel of his 'Borrowed' truck. 

"Don't worry Steve we'll find her." Nat says as she looks over at her friend. 

"Are you sure you have no idea where they could be holding her?" He asks not taking his eyes off the road. 

"No clue, I've called all my contacts and none have seen or heard anything about her. How did you and Fury come across her anyway?" 

Steve looks at the rearview mirror for a moment before he says, "She just appeared in the lobby of SHIELD. Rumlow and his goons were manhandling her."

"Is that where Johnson got the broken nose? From you?"

 He chuckles as he says, "Not from me."

"She broke his nose? She must not like to be manhandled." Nat says impressed. "Do you know where she's from?" Nat asks a few seconds later. He shakes his head as he says, "Just that she's not from here and that she knows the future." 

"Hold up. How do you know she was telling the truth?" 

"She knew what Fury was going to do before he did." 

Nat raises an eyebrow as she says, "Then you have nothing to worry about, if she really does know the future she is too indispensable for whoever has her."

"But that's also what I'm worried about, what if they force her to tell them?" He says as he clenches his jaw. "She may be tuff but I doubt she can last if they torture her." Nat nods as she looks back out the windshield. Steve didn't know where _______ was but maybe he'd find answers where he was headed.

Reader's Pov

You winced as Bucky finished re-stitching the exit wound on your shoulder. You glance up at his face as you say, "______," He tilts his head in confusion and you smile as you continue, "My name is ________, just thought you should know." He nods as he tosses the bloody gauze into a plastic bag. "Nice to meet you _____, sorry I had to kidnap you." You say sarcastically as you glare at the other side of the van. You glance back toward him to see a confused look on his face and you roll your eyes as you say, "So what should I call you? I know your real name but since you don't want me to call you that then what should I call you?"

"Soldier works." 

You scoff as you say, "Umm no, sorry not gonna happen. If I did that I'd feel like a soldier and that is one thing I'm not. So I'll just call you Bucky even though you don't want me too." 

He stares at you impressed as he says, "Usually people see the arm and they do what I say." 

"Well I'm not one of those people, well minus the part where I'm going to meet Pierce like you said so only half way doing what you say."

"That's another thing, how did you know where we are headed?" Your eyes widen and you try to play it off as you say, "A lucky guess." 

"Uh huh, you know you're a terrible liar."

You smile as you say, "Well since I can't get anything past you, I can see the future. I know your future, Pierce's, Steve's, Shield's, and everyone's I guess." He stares at you dumbfounded for a moment before he says, "That's why he wants you." 

"Of course, what did you think he wanted me for a date?" He narrows his eyes at you with a look that said 'Okay smartass' causing you to chuckle. "Sorry," You say as you look away from him and down at your blood stained hands. Looking at them you had the sudden urge to scrub every inch of blood off them. Even if it was your own blood you didn't like it, it brought back the memories of how you lost your parents. You quickly fold your arms over your chest and hide your hands under your arms.