epilogue

Dear diary,

I found this diary I wrote. The reasons Josh gave me still stand strong in blue sharpie surrounded by doodles.

I read all the pages a few times, remembering the small village I barely go back too.

I thought I should finish this book, close the chapter and officially move on. If you're wondering I'm writing this two years after leaving.

To begin with me and Josh have been dating just over a year. He lives 200 miles away though but he calls me everyday and writes me love letters. My heart still races everytime I see his name. He's excelling in his studies, he impresses me everyday.

I've found myself great friends and an amazing bestfriend. My life not be anything that'll be remembered but I'm finally happy. Everyday, I feel myself improve. My parents though, that's something else: I haven't spoken to my father since I left, our relationship is pretty strained still since he treated me like that, it's effected me since but I'm close with my mother, she's one of my bestfriends and she is very close with Josh.

Another name I wrote about: Sophie. I visited my mother a few months ago and saw her. She smiled at me and then continued pushing a pram around in a suit. From gossip I heard she's married with children now, good for her.

Anyway, this is my epilogue for my diary. I want to leave you with something first though:

It is not anyone else's job to fix you, you must do that yourself. But know, everything heals, your heart, your wounds and happiness will always return. Bad times will not last.