09

I lay there, staring at my ceiling. The clock ticked louder as I got closer to it reaching 8AM, the time I'm forced to leave my house. I force my legs to move out of my bed, I swing my bag over my shoulders and head downstairs. My parents have left earlier today so I lock the doors and start walking in silence, this morning choosing to not listen to any music.

The birds chirp around me and the wind brushes against me, I keep walking around the bends until I reach the prison-like building. The groups of different people hover around, some people holding their phones and some others cycling around on bikes.

I turn my head slowly when I notice Josh from the corner of my eye, for a second I gaze at him. He's leaning against a tree with Sophie leaning on him. They're laughing. His dirty blonde hair is a mess over his eyes. My eyes move over his outfit for a second; a mustard yellow hoodie, light coloured ripped jeans and some dirty white shoes. He flashes me a smile and in a hurry I walk off.

I rush to form, sitting down at my lone desk and pulling my phone out, I swipe through some notifications on Snapchat and Instagram, nothing of importance.

I place my phone down, instead staring out the large window and to the buzzing field in an effort to ignore all the talking. I've never seen Josh in yellow, the colour suits him a lot; he really stands out when he wears that colour, he should wear it more. A few moments later the form teacher walks in. He slaps some papers down on his desk and starts writing something on the board.

I look over as the talking quietens to see what he's writing. In caps it reads: STUDY DAY!!!

I sigh heavily, another one of these days. We basically just sit around all day studying what we need to do for our tests in 5 days.

5 days.

The bell rings and chimes through the hallway, it's followed by the chairs scraping on the floor. I shuffle out the room after everyone else and pace to my locker, we have freedom now. What do I study? I flick through the text books until my phone vibrates from ontop of them. In one swift action I pull my phone down, now leaning myself against the locker.

Josh
9:22AM
Skipping?

Elyse
9:23AM
What do you mean?

Josh
9:23AM
Do you wanna skip with me?

Elyse
9:24AM
I should study.

Josh
9:24AM
We'll study at yours, can we skip together though?

Elyse
9:25AM
I'll meet you on that hill in 15 minutes. 

Josh
9:26AM
Thankyou. 

I shove a few textbooks into my back and rush down the hallway, ignoring or the people rushing in the other direction. I push through the crowds of people and towards the main door, as the few gangs of people who are late walk through, I grab the door and quicky walk off the school grounds, still sheltered by the people arriving late.

Without looking back I walk to the hill.

When I get there Josh is pacing back and forth, his yellow hoodie really makes him stand out. I smile and walk over to him. He turns to me, forcing a small smile.

"Hey, any reasons why you wanted to skip?" I ask, sitting down in front of him.

He turns away to the beach and then sits down next to me. "I couldn't be bothered with school, me and Sophie had an argument and she's probably told her friends who have told mine so I'm just gonna give it some time." He leans back into the sand, propped up by a smaller hill.

"What did you argue about, if you don't mind me asking?"

He sighs.

"My hoodie."

"Excuse me? What?" I force an awkward laugh as I look over to him. He laughs back.

"Yeah! Exactly! She doesn't like it when I wear bright hoodies because it contrasts with her outfit."

"I like yellow on you," I smile, my eyes running over his bright coloured hoodie yet again.

"Really?" He asks, one eyebrow raised.

"You stand out, it suits you," I smile.

"It's my favourite colour."

"Why's that?"

"It's a bright colour and I love bright colours plus it's the happist colour. I felt slightly happier going into school in a bright colour but yeah, she hated it." He frowns.

"Yellow is a really nice colour, I don't own any yellow clothes, the colour doesn't suit me." I laugh.

He shakes his head, letting out a small laugh. In a swift move he pulls his hoodie off and throws it into my lap. Instead of saying anything, I tilt my head to the side.

"Put it on," he says, his eyes moving up the sky.

I nod and pull his hoodie on, it's much bigger than me but it's so soft. The sleeves hang down. He laughs.

"It's massive on you, it's cute. Sophie never wears my hoodies but there's something precious about it, I think." He smiles.

I smile back.

"Keep it, she'll get pissed off if I wear it again anyway. Yellow looks good on you by the way."

I nod.

"Should we study?" He asks, pulling out the text books.

I nod, still unable to talk.

"Number nine: the colour yellow."

---

Dedication: thisuserisTakennn you're so kind to me and I love all the support you give me! You're awesome and I'm always here if you need me. ♡ I don't really know much about you but I can already tell you're so cool!