10

Trigger warning: deprsssion

Friday night, Josh is on the phone with me, talking about some random story to do with his friends through laughing. He's laughing so much the story is barely audible. I can't help but smile as I sit down at my desk, I gaze out the window, the sun setting as it reaches 8PM. The sky is a of mix purple and blue, the clouds being pink and causing the distance trees and houses to just be silhouettes.

His wheezing starts to come to an end and for a second it's peaceful without any noises.

"You looking at the sunset too?" His voice is soft, almost a whisper.

"Yeah, it's pretty. It looks like the cover of Lover," I laugh.

"What?"

"Lover?"

"What's Lover?"

"The album, Taylor Swift's album."

"You're a Swiftie?" He asks.

"Of course, she's amazing."

"I like a few of her older songs. Speak Now is a great song and Long Live." He says, causing me to gasp followed by his laugh.

"All her songs are amazing. Folklore is such an awesome album, I love the stories within it."

"I'll listen to it then, anyway, do you wanna hang out? Soph is at a party so..." He trails off.

"Yeah, sure."

"Sick, I'll be outside your house in 10 minutes," then he hangs up. I smile to myself for a second, taking in the sunset before throwing his yellow hoodie on. I shove my phone in my back pocket and run down the stairs to my parents.

"I'm going out!" I shout to my distant mum.

"Be back for 11!" She shouts back, waving me off.

"Of course," I quickly force my feet into the boots and leave the house, hearing my mum shout for me to stay safe as I do.

9 minutes until he gets here. Without thinking twice I practically run down the street to the always-open corner shop. It's a 2 minute run and I'm definitely all red in the face as I struggle to catch my breath.

I push the door open and the small bell rings. I take a glance around at the one person walking around the small shop. I head to the drinks fridge and take a can of lemonade and Pepsi Max.

6 minutes.

As fast as I can I pay for them both, feeling like I'm an action film with the way I spam my coins down on the desk. He hands me the receipt and the white plastic bag and I really quickly leave the shop, the bell rings again.

5 minutes.

I exhale and start jogging down the road, the cans slowing me down but not stopping me. I skid along the corners and almost trip a few times but soon enough I'm back outside my house.

I'm breathing heavily, basically bent over as I try to catch my breath.

"Where did you come from?" Josh's voice laughs. I move my eyes up to see him stiffling a laugh.

"Why are you here?" I say back, through heavy breathing.

"I like being early." He laughs. "Why were you running down the road like that? You looked funny." He says, finally letting out his loud laugh.

"Dickhead," I lean against the brick wall, shoving the lemonade can against his chest. He grabs onto it, his laughing continuing.

"Aw, thankyou El, you're so kind. Now let's go, you wanna continue running or..?"