Info & Submission Guidelines

Every month, we will feature an Asian drama, movie, comic, or book. We want to encourage Wattpad writers to explore Asian and Pacific Islander media, so that's why we will provide a recommendation for you on a monthly basis.

If you have any recommendations you would like to share with others, you are more than welcome to submit them to us! Given our schedule, we cannot guarantee that we will watch or read your recommended media, but you get the opportunity to have the recommendation featured in our anthology if it adheres to Wattpad's Content Guidelines.

If you'd like to contribute, here's how:

✿ The submission must be between 500 and 1500 words. It must include the title, genre, length of the work (# of chapters for stories, episodes for television shows, or hours for movies), a summary or blurb of the work (no spoilers or excerpts), and the reasons you recommend people check it out. If you need some sample questions to answer while filling out the recommendation, please check out our Masterlist here.

✿ The piece can belong to any genre, but it must adhere to Wattpad's Content Guidelines.

✿ Your submission must be in English.

✿ You must DM us a Google Doc link or send us an email: asianpacificislanderfantasy(at)gmail.com

✿ Include your username at the top of your submission. This will enable us to dedicate the relevant chapter to you. If you change your username, please send us another message to let us know.

✿ The submission must be between 500 and 1500 words.

✿ We reserve the right to edit your submission, should such a thing be required. We may also refuse your submission if it's not relevant.

 We may also refuse your submission if it's not relevant

How long should my submission be?

Between 500 and 1500 words.

I have several suggestions, can I make multiple submissions or can I suggest several in one doc?

Yes, you may send us more than one submission, though features will be staggered (i.e., your subsequent submissions will be uploaded weeks to months after the first). However, you should only suggest one media per document. We won't accept if there are several recommendations in one document. If someone has already submitted or is preparing a recommendation that is the same as what you've prepared, it won't be included to avoid duplicates.

I'd rather not/am unable to send in my submission via Google Docs, what do I do?

You can email us a copy of your submission as a word document. The email address is available as an inline comment here >>>

Why didn't APIFantasy accept my submission?

We require a certain level of quality writing. We will also not accept your submission if it contains spoilers or does not meet the requirements.