June 2023 | 2gether the Series

Title of Work: 2gether the Series (Thai: เพราะเราคู่กัน)

Genre: Romantic comedy

Duration: 50 minutes, 13 episodes

Type: Drama

This review contains spoilers.

Synopsis: 7.5/10

Tine is an ordinary student and cheerleader in the college, while Sarawat campus' most popular guy, is in the soccer and music club. Tine ends up chasing Sarawat for a fake date in order to escape Green, who has romantic feelings for him. As the time goes their feelings start to turn into reality. Before a "happily ever after" the process of falling in love, and the realization that they aren't pretending begins. The plot was a common and predictable one.

Characters: 8/10

Sarawat Guntithanon

Football player, guitarist, Music Club member, a well-liked first-year college student from the Faculty of Political Science, and the band Ctrl+S. Despite being admired for his stunning looks, he is an introvert who is stoic and does not use social media other than his email. Tine convinces him to pose as her boyfriend in order to get away from Green, his admirer. The mysterious vibes he gave at the start were great, his side of the story was cute.

Tine Teepakorn

A first-year student from the Faculty of Law who considers himself to be "chic" and who is a cheerleader. He had a few failed relationships with the women. He is pursued by his gay admirer Green, and after a few unsuccessful attempts to stave him off, his buddies persuade him to pretend to be dating Sarawat, a well-known guitarist. Tine still insists that he only likes girls despite his pretended homosexual relationship with Sarawat. I found him cute and dumb, and he was also funny and dramatic.

Music: 9/10

The music in the series is also too good, I love music as the two leads do, so I am helluva happy that music is the bring-em-together factor here. The leads are also the singers of the series OST

Overall Impressions: 8/10

My interest in the series was piqued in the first few episodes, and the character and relationship growth was well done. Sarawat's personality also won me over. Although the dialogues are a little clichéd, Tine and Wat's chemistry is fun to watch. The plot initially appeared cliché, but things improved over time. I liked how their love story developed in the series. I particularly enjoyed Sarawat's love twist. If you're seeking a covert crush that develops into love, you must watch. Humorous relief, tender affection and care, possessiveness, and companionship are all present. The primary actors have wonderful chemistry and are pleasant and charming.