March 2023 | Life of Pi

Title - Life of Pi

Title - Life of Pi

Genre - Adventure/Drama

Duration - 2 hours 7 minutes

Type - Book/Film

Synopsis

In order to get a firsthand description of his travels, a prospective Canadian author speaks with Indian storyteller Pi Patel. The story of Pi's childhood is set in French-occupied India, where his father ran a zoo. Once Pi's family business fails, they set sail for Canada to start a new life. Nearly everything Pi holds dear is lost in a fierce and devastating storm that strikes one night aboard their Japanese cargo ship in the middle of the ocean. A dangerous Bengal tiger and other zoo residents help him survive in a lifeboat together with other zoo residents. Pi and the tiger develop an unlikely bond while fighting for their lives, and this connection gives him the daily inspiration to live.

Reason for Recommendation

Cover: 5/5

The youngster is standing at the far end of the boat to avoid the tiger and survive in the water, and the skyline in the background reflects the concept of the movie wonderfully.

Plot: 5/5

The sea voyage, wherein the tiger exhibits its capacity for learning and the human exhibits his capacity for creative thought, serves as the film's emotional center. A critical sequence takes place at the zoo, demonstrating that wild animals are, in fact, wild animals. This moment acts as a warning for viewers not to imagine that this is a fictional tiger.

The film subtly weaves together several religious traditions to ensconce its narrative in the wonder of life. It's amazing to watch how the two creatures survive, along with the fish below them and the birds above them.

Characters: 5/5 (Consists spoilers)

The story's main character is intelligent and has a never-give-up attitude that inspires many people. He loves zoology like his father and enjoys learning about the traits of people and animals. The performer did a fantastic job of capturing the role.

Overall Impression: 5/5

It spans a variety of genres depending on how you look at it from the multiplicity of religions to the place of humankind in a hostile; it is a masterpiece of several climaxes and exciting story twists, as well as the realization of how perilous the sea can be. I highly suggest the movie/novel and anyone who reads or sees this won't be disappointed.

Extra information - The movie won 4 Oscars in 2013 Best Cinematography, Best Director, Best Original Score, and Best Visual Effects                       

✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧

If you enjoyed this recommendation, let us know in the comments!

Do you plan to watch this film? Let us know your thoughts if you finish it!

Remember: if you have any recommendations, head on over to this chapter and check out the submission guidelines.

Until next month!