September 2021 | The Crown Prince's Bodyguard

Title: The Crown Prince's Bodyguard

Author: Kim_Knights

Genre: Romance

Duration: 48 chapters (including epilogue and extra chapters)

Type: Wattpad novel

Synopsis: When a prince is involved in a near death experience, he is saved by a mysterious person. With a grateful heart, he employs the man to be his bodyguard and keeps him closely by his side.

Little does he know that he has brought back a girl instead.

Reasons for Recommendation (this is a spoiler-free commentary)

Cover: 5/5 - The cover is absolutely beautiful. The combination of the lighting and the red Chinese clothing go together well to produce a calming effect.

Characters: 5/5

Li Xun: Although one may expect Li Xun to be the opposite of our female hero, he appears to have a similar personality as Long'Er because they both are courageous and will do anything to protect the things they love the most. They build each other up and there's nothing more refreshing than a healthy relationship! In the beginning of the chapter, Li Xun instantly captures our hearts as he goes through a difficult journey to obtain a cure for his ailing mother. As we will discuss about Long'Er, Li Xun is a likeable character and a healthy presentation of what a love interest should be!

Long'Er: Long'Er's determination and strength are admirable. Her first meeting with Li Xun leaves the reader wanting for more and watching the development of their relationship is like watching a drama unfold! The few comedic moments along with her moments of panic as she tries to maintain her identity as a man that are sprinkled throughout the novel allow the reader to empathize with her and root for her victory. She is a well-rounded character that anyone can fall in love with.

Plot: 5/5 - The plot is paced wonderfully and the chapters are short enough that a reader could finish binge reading this novel within one day. The historical element of the story is well thought out and the author provides vivid description of the character's journey as they traverse through many obstacles. Readers can expect a combination of elements that are enjoyable - fantasy, history, romance, action, adventure... all of which combine to form a riveting story.

✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧

If you enjoyed this recommendation, let us know in the comments!

Remember: if you have any recommendations, head on over to the Information chapter and check out the submission guidelines. Until next month!