October 2023 | Bhool Bhulaiyaa

Title of Work: Bhool Bhulaiyaa

Genre: Horror, Comedy

Duration: 2 hours 39 minutes (154 minutes)

Type: Film

This review contains spoilers.

Synopsis: 8.5/10

An NRI and his wife decide to stay in his ancestral home, paying no heed to the warnings about ghosts. Soon, inexplicable occurrences cause him to call a psychiatrist to help solve the mystery.

Although the narrative has been told before, the acting in this production is excellent. Everything sounds natural and trustworthy, from the couple to the father. It's hard to picture how they're acting. The interest is never lost as the suspense builds gradually and is expertly switched with other parts.

Characters: 9/10

Avni- Avni, a recently wed bride, returned from America to live in the Palace that Siddharth (Avni's husband) inherited, which is rumoured to be haunted. The character was engaging to watch; it was the kind that would keep you glued to your seat. The actor did an excellent task of portraying her as being curious to the point where, with her husband's approval she opened the sealed door, setting off unfortunate events.

Dr. Aditya Shrivastav- Siddharth believes Radha to be mentally ill because his friend, Dr. Aditya Shrivastav, deals with such paranormal phenomena. From the humorous to the sad parts, the actor did the character justice.

Overall Impressions: 9/10

Every actor in this film gave an outstanding performance, and the storyline was brilliant. The dialogue and comedic timing in this film are excellent. I laughed out loud and was amazed to look at the climax. And the Secret of the Ghost's conclusion was much chillier. It made my skin shiver. Overall, superb performances, a compelling screenplay, a captivating soundtrack, and, most importantly, terrific humour intercut with the horror created this ideal horror comedy film.

Music: 9/10

The music from the films stood alone as pieces of art. The fantastic beats, music, and lyrics of the title song contributed to its popularity.