Those Icy Words of Love. A Jack Frost love story.

***Winter***

The weather was perfect today.

Cold and snowing.

I stuck my tongue out and caught a snowflake on my tongue. I felt the icy water as it immediately melted with the warmth of my skin.

I walked on top the piles of snow that the snow plows created and slid down them.

I don't like snow plows. They destroyed the beauty of the snow by making it brown and mushy. Cars do it to.

I yelped as my foot fell through one of the piles of snow.

The snow went up to my thigh so it was hard to pull out.

I sighed and set down my notebook and backpack. I started digging the hole wider were my thigh was to make it easier to move. While I was doing that started to try and loosen the snow by kicking it from the inside.

After a few kicks the snow gave way and I toppled over onto the sidewalk.

I laughed and got up grabbing my notebook and backpack, walking the rest of the way home on the salt covered sidewalks.

I kicked the salt as I walked creating a loud crunching sound.

At one point a lady about in he seventies came out of her house with nothing but a robe and slippers yelling at me to keep it down.

She had frown lines by her mouth and chin so I could tell that she frowned allot. I could also see laugh lines by her eyes but they were barley noticeable. Those were the first things that I noticed about people the lines on there face. Everybody called me strange for doing that but I didn't care. I don't care what people think about me. The only thing I care about is the notebook I held to my chest.

The lady still looked at me expectantly and I stopped kicking the salt.

Her frown disappeared slightly and she went back into the warmth of her house.

I started dragging my feet slowly at first as to not bother the woman again but as I got farther away from her house I dragged my feet more.

I saw my house in the distance. Smoke was coming out of the chimney.

I started to lightly jog making the falling snow zoom past me.

I made it to my house in time before a gust of wind came almost knocking me off my feet.

I shivered and went inside stomping my shoes on the carpet as I walked to my room.

I opened the door to paper snow flakes, a little Christmas tree, Easter eggs, my tooth box, sand art and Jack Frost posters everywhere.

My room was decorated in my favorite holidays.....with a few exceptions like the sand man, the tooth fairy, and my personal favorite, Jack Frost.  With a few exceptions like the Leprechaun, and the groundhog, well the groundhog was actually living so people had to believe in it,

Jack Frost was favorite out of all of them. Nobody else knows him which makes me happy and sad at the same time.

It makes me happy because I get him to myself, sad because I can't have normal conversations with my friends about him. I can't have conversations about any of the fantasy characters without people giving me funny looks. Nobody believes anymore at this age, but I did.

I still write letters to Santa Claus, try staying up to see the Tooth Fairy only to have the Sand Man sprinkle his magic dust on me, I try finding the Easter Bunny early in the morning, and I try searching for Jack Frost when ever I see snow on the ground.