chapter 13

***Jack***

I was know back at Norths shop sitting on the floor being constantly overwhelmed by thoughts and feelings.

I wasn't going to give up I knew Pitch was after her.  He wanted her for something that I coulnd't understand.  And he wasn't going to stop until he got her.

I wasn't going to let that happen. 

I got up and paced the floor trying ot think of where she might be. 

But most of all I thought about that girl on the porch swing thar was sleeping.  Winter had a tendancy to sleep alot but she didn't have pure white hair and she especily wasn't wearing a white dress when she left.  It all made no sense to me.

I walked over to the window and looked upon the clouds that loomed down below.  The sun shone through a break in the clouds warming up the already melting snow down below.

I jumped out the window and fell through that break. 

In the sunlight was a massive tree.  It's leaves were all turned toward the sun sucking all the light possible.  It was a cottonwood tree.  I looked around and wondered how it even got here at all.  This was not a place for these types of trees at all. 

It stood out in the snow and also had no snow on it.  The cotton flew around giving the feeling that it was snowing.  The cotton was pure white and tickled my nose.

I knew that in the summer the leaves held very few cotton but as it turned colder the cotton bloomed into beautiful white puffs in floating around the sky.

I flew around it until I found a branch that hung over a frozen lake.

I looked down and saw my reflection.

I could have been a cottonwood tree.  I used to have brown hari when I was warm but I became cold and got white hair and pale skin.  I floated up in the sky tickling peoples noses when snow fell. 

Then something happend.  There was flash in the reflection.  The image burned into my mind despite the few seconds I saw it.  My heart pounded faster in my chest as realization started coming.

I saw the girl on the porch swing staring back at me in shock runningher hand doen her face as if she has never seen it before.  The the image switched.

I got up off the branch dread filling me from head to toe.  I had to find her fast before He does. 

Whatever happened I wasn't going to slow down no mater what.

No matter what.....