Chapter 7

***Jack***

Winter and I flew to the destination.

She clung to my back laughing and occastionaly yelling when I dip down.  She had her arms around my chest and her legs around my waist.

"Where are we-AH-going!"  she yelled over the icy wind.

I grinned.  "I told you, you'll see!"  I yelled dipping don again making her yelp and tighten her grip around my chest.

She laughed.  "Don't do that!"  she yelled lossening her grip.

I grinned and did a double flip and twisted in the air.  Winter screamed in my ear and clung on to me tighter.

"Stop it!"  she yelled almost strangling me.

"Ok ok."  I said flying strait again.

She loosened her grip.  "Yeah you better stop."  she said laughing. 

I smiled slowing down a bit.

I looked down below me and saw kids playing in the snow.

I flew down and landed on a tree branch over the kid.

Winter climbed off my back instantly hugging the tree branch. 

"Thank you tree thank you."  she said hugging it tighter.

I raised my eyebrow at her.  "You were fine the first time."  I said sitting on the branch.

She looked at me frowning.  "Yeah but the first time you didn't do flips and other crazy stuff."  she said moving around and sitting on the branch.

"Hey Julie watch out!"  a boy that looked about eight years old, yelled throwing a snowball at a girl texting on her phone.

The snowball hit her in the back of the head.  "Ugh!  Drey!  Don't do that I'm texting my friend."

Drey smirked and threw another snowball.

"Stop it!"  Julie yelled again getting up and moving further away.

Winter frowned.  "She looks familiar."  she said furrowing her eyebrows trying to remember.

I cringed once I reconized who it was.  It was the girl who broke Winters last friendship.

It may not seem like a big deal but to Winter it was a huge deal.  She had nobody else to talk to which led her to her actions.

I watched as Drey launched a snowball again hitting Julie's phone and knocking it on the snow.

She gaped at the phone her hands trembling.  "Why...the...hell.....did..you do that!"  she yelled grabbing her own snowball and pelting it at Drey.

It hit him in the face knocking him over into the snow.  Drey sat up wiping the snow form his face.  There were tears in his eyes.

Winter gasped and jumped down to him.

"Why did you have to throw it that hard!"  he yelled wiping tears from his eyes.

Julie rolled her eyes.  "Because you knocked my phone otu of my hand.  Duh."  she said picking it up from the snow and wiping it off.

Drey clenched his fists.  "I wish you never got that phone in the first place!"  he yelled walking towards her.  "When you got that thing you were absorbed in it ans you stopped hanging out with me!"  he yelled falling on the ground covering his face with his hands.

Winter put her hands on his shoulders.  "Hey.  Its okay."  she said giving him a gentle smile.

He looked up and looked around.  "Who said that?"  he asked getting up and going through Winter's hands.

She gasped as she felt the feeling of being passed through.  She turned her head and watched as Drey walked closer to his sister.

"Ever since you grew up you started to think that you were better than everyone.  You thought you were to good for me and left me in the dust."  Drey said stopping two feet infront of her. 

Julie continued to text on her phone.

"Uh-oh."  I heard Winter say

"Just like mom and dad!"  Drey yelled turning around and running into the pine woods.

Julie dropped her phone again shock in her eyes.  "Mom and dad."  she whispered.  "Drey why did you say that?"  she said tears coming down her cheeks.

I looked over and saw that Winter had run after Drey.

***Winter***

I ran after Drey as he ran to the pine forest. 

There was was a bad feeling in my gut.  Something just didn't seem right.  It seemed to familiar.

"Drey!" I yelled running faster.

He stopped suddenly making me pass through him.  I gasped and tripped over something.

"Who said that?"  he asked looking sround.

I got up and walked over to him.  "Me."  I said trying to look him in the eyes.

He looked around again and tried to find me.  "Who are you?"  he asked wiping some more tears from his eyes.

"My name is Winter Bell."  I said trying to put my hands back on his shoulders but failed.

He got a confused look on his face.  "I can barly underdstand you.  You're all echoy."  he said.

My head started to throb.  There was to much happening here.

"Winter!"  I heard someone yell.

I looked up and saw Jack float to the ground next to me.  "Are you okay?"

I nodded my head and turned my attention back to Drey.

He was still looking around at the unknown sound.

Impulsivly I ran up to him and wrapped my arms around his shoulders.  I looked up at him.  He had a shocked look on his face.

"Don't be mad at your sister for what she did."  I said tightening my hug for a second and let go. 

He stood there shocked and then he smiled.  "Even though I still can't see you, thank you."  he said turning around and walking back to his house.

I smiled and collasped on the ground.  I was exhausted.  My head was throbbing.

I looked over and saw Jack at my side.  "Are you okay?"  he asked, concerned.

I nodded my head rubbing my temples.

He frowned.  "Come on we need to go back."  he said helping me to my feet.  "Get on my back again."

I trudged behind him and jumped on his back wrapping my arms around his chest and my legs around his waist.

Jack jumped up into the wind and flew back to North's.

As we flew I leaned my head against his back and instantly fell asleep.