chapter 12

***Winter***

I sat on there staring st the ice my eyes wide with shock.

My reflection stared back at me with the same expresion. 

Julie and Drey sat next to me confused, wondering what was so wrong.

I ran my fingers along my now pale skin.  My white silky hair got in my face blocking my view.  My cloths rubbed against my skin uncomfortably. My eyes shined with a deep purple intensity.

I was different.

I no longer had my auburn hair.  It was replaced by white hair with red highlights.  My skin was now pale, but it was warm.  I was wearing a knee length white dress and white shoes that ran up to my thighs.

I grabbed a red piece of hair and twisted it around my finger.

"Whats wrong?"  Drey asked plopping down next to me.

I shook my head slowly trying to get used to my new unexpected look.

"Isn't that what you always looked like?"  Julie asked pacing behind me.

I shook my head again.

I scooted away from the pond afraid that something was going to pop out and grab me.  This change was making me feel paranoid and vulnerable.

Drey got up and sat infront of a smile on his face.

"I think you look pretty."

I looked up at him and smiled.  I have grown to think of Drey as my little brother. 

Without saying anything I got up and hugged Drey.

I felt his arms wrap around my shoulders.

"Winter." 

"Yeah."  I said closing my eyes.

"Thank you."  he buried his head in my shoulder making me smile.

"Your welcome."  I hugged Drey tighter.  My eyes teared up.  I felt so happy right here sitting without a worry in  the world.

But that wasn't true.  I had one worry.

Jack Frost.

I still felt guilty about what I had done.  The full memorie had come back while I was sleeping. 

I don't like sleeping anymore.  It was when I was most vulnerable.  I was constantly getting nightmares and waking up dizzy and scared.   It was when I felt cold I had good dreams.  I also had good dreams when I felt the presence of love around me and a cold speck on my nose.  I haven't figured out what that was yet just the linguring feel when I woke up.

I was interrupteed with Julie mumbling to herself.

"Winter...Winter...Winter....."  she mumbled to herself as if trying to remember something.

"Julie what are you doing?"  I asked gently pulling Drey off of me and setting him on the ground.  He got up and followed me.

"I am trying to remember something..."  she stopped pacing and stood infront of me. "I think that I used to have a friend named Winter." 

I furrowed my brow.  "What was her-"

I was interrupted by Julie jumping up and down like a maniac.

"I remember!"  She yelled still jumping.  "She was a girl my age and she was a loner.  She didn't bother to make any friends and she was happy that way.  One day I became friends with her and it was great.  We had alot of fun.  But she had this obbsesion with fairytail people.  But I didnt mind.  One day my parents left and I was depressed. I ended the friendship and stopped talking for awhile."

I stood there shocked as the story sunk in.

Suddenly I zoomed away and towards a house leaving Drey and Julie behind.  I had this sick feeling in my stomache and was afraid to find out if I was right.

I saw the house in the distance and went faster.  Faster than humanly possible.

I looked down at my feet and noticed that I wasn't touching the ground.  My legs made the running motion but I wasn't running.  More like gliding very fast.

I stopped my legs and saw that I was still moving.  I expiremented and started making a skating motion.  I went faster.  I bacame a blur for anybody that could see me. 

I was getting closer to the hous and saw that it had a for sale sign in the overgrow lawn.  I could tell that it has been there for awhile since weeds started growing up is legs.

I stopped at the front door momentum taking me and slamming me into it.  I fell back breathing deeply.

I needed to learn to control that more. 

I slowly got up and opened the door with ease a blast of cold air hitting me and making me gasp.

I walked inside and saw dust and cobwebs everywhere.

There was no furnature.  Just emptyness.

I walked down the hallway and reached my destination.

The room that was once my safe haven.  The room that I strived in.

The room that would give me all the answers.