chapter 20

***Winter***

I stared back at the big blue eyes that were wide with many emotions.  They were filled with hope and joy and yet they still managed to hold what it looked like a life time of hurt and sorrow.

"I-I-"  he stuttered, his hands shaking violently and he continued to slowly brush more snow away.

I panicked and started to back scurrie away and grabbing onto a tree while keeping my eyes locked onto him.

He froze and watched me. "W-...Winter?"  he said taking a step closer.

I flinched and looked at him. "What?"

"Your name....Winter." his steps quickened as he came closer to me.  "Winter Bell, the girl that loved the cold and was okay with being alone. The brave girl that could pull through anything...the one i fell in...that i..." he paused now right infront of me and gently grabbed my shoulders.

I didnt try to move away from him. Somewhere in my mind i was screaming.  It was a scream of bloody murder telling me i needed to remember, that i have found what i had been unknowingly looking for.

I looked into his eyes and say tears well up.

"That i have so desperatly fallen in love with"  and with that he pressed his icy colds lips against mine while his grip tightened on my shoulders.

I sat there unresponsive as memorys and events came flooding through my mind.

This was it.

This is what happiness and hope felt like.

Frostbite.