chapter 9

***Jack***

I panicked and ran to the room to where Winter was staying.

"Winter!" I yelled running into the door. "Did I close this when I left?" I asked myself pushing it open. The door was stuck.

My heart was pounding in my chest. My hands trembled as I fumbled with the door. Winter was in trouble and I couldn't open the door!

"Help me I can't get in the room!" I yelled as I cotinued to push it.

"Jack!" Tooth yelled flying next to me.

I stopped pushing on the door and looked at her. "Yeah?" I asked giving up on the door. She had a confused look on her face.

Tooth hovered over to the door and pulled it open. "You have to pull this door open." she said flying in.

I face-palmed and ran in after her.

In the room Winter was sitting on her bed to blankets wrapped tightly around her. She was trembling, there was fear in her eyes as she starred blankly at the floor. Her breathe came out rapidly, I could alost hear her heartbeat.

"Winter.." I said walking closer to her but Tooth stopped me.

"Get a closer look at her eyes." she whispered her grip tightening on my arm.

I looked at her eyes and noticed a black cloud hovering over them. "What...."

I gently pulled my arm from Tooths and walked closer.

"Jack you might not want to do that..." I heard Tooth warn, but I ignored her.

"Winter?" I said putting my hands on her shoulders.

She looked up at me and screamed making me flinch and pull my hands back.

"Don't touch me!" she yelled scooting back until she hit the head board. "Get away!"

I stood there confused my hands trembling. "Winter..." I was stunned. Why was she acting so weird. My heart thumped in my chest. I was sure she heard it.

"No!" she yelled getting up. "Stay away from me!" she screamed jumping off the bed, pushing me out of the way and running out of the room in a freanzie.

I sat there on the cold ground shocked and stunned.  My whole body trembled in worry and regret.  What had gotten into her?  One second she was smiling and having a good time sleeping, the next she was awake and hating me.

"Winter!" Tooth yelled flying after her. She left the room and came back. "Shes gone."

"What?" Bunny asked. "What do you mean, Mate?" he asked hopping over to her.

"Shes gone and dissapeared. I can't find her." she said. floating to the ground and rubbing her arm.

"Dissapeared?" I asked still stunned by what Winter said.

Tooth nodded her head slowly. "Where do you think she went?"

I shrugged my shoulders slowly getting up off the floor.  "I don't know if she dissapeared."  

Tooth just nodded and looked away.

I paced the room swinging my staff making the room frost over.

I felt a tugging at my hoodie and looked down to see Sandy with a worried look in his eyes.

"What is it Sandy?"  I asked crounching down to his height.

He mad a circle around a spot on his forehead. Then he made a shand version of Winter's head and pointed to the spot where she had nightmarish sand.  The same spot where Sandy made a circle.

I gasped in half relief and half worry understanding what he was trying to tell me.  I ran over to Tooth and grabbed her arms.

"We have to find her before its too late."  I said practicly shaking her.

She got a confused look in her face.  "Why whats wrong?"  she asked floating away from my reach.

I started walking out of the room.  "I have a feeling that she didn't meant to do that.  She must have been controlled."  That thought lifted my spirits abit.  "Come on."  I said runnign out of the room and jumping out the window.