Chapter 8

The sound of Lex snoring is the first thing that Jodie hears when she wakes up, and sees the sleeping face of his makes her smile. She kisses the corner of his lip and then on his cheek, being careful not to wake him up. Jodie chuckles. Then Lex's eyes flutter open and a smile plants on his face. 

"Good morning," Jodie greets him. 

"Good morning," Lex replies. 

They both chuckle. 

"I'm gonna go get ready." Jodie says, rising up and leaving Lex laying on the bed. 

When Jodie and Lex finishes their breakfast, Lex leaves to Metropolis for his meeting about the Luthor Corp. 

Jodie sits down in the living room, reading a book. 

"Hello, Mrs. Luthor," Jodie hears a familiar voice behind her. She turns around and smiles excitedly, almost throwing the book across the room. How can she not? An old friend of hers is back! 

"Heather!" She screams out, hugging her tightly. 

"Hi! I'm so sorry I wasn't at your wedding." Heather apologizes as they separate. 

"It's fine. You were at your college."

"I know, but I feel so bad,"

"Don't be,"

They laugh and sit on the loveseat. 

"So, what are you doing here?"

"Oh, um..." Heather starts. Thinking of words to say. "I intentionally flunked college just to be back here and into the arms of my love, Clark Kent." Heather explains. 

Jodie laughs at her friend's histerical way of explaining. 

"Did you seriously do that?" 

"Yes." 

"Oh my God."

"I miss Clark so much." 

"Yeah, I would be too, if I had to leave Lex." Then there is silence between them. Jodie is stunned that Heather flunked school just to be together with Clark again. Their love is so powerful. 

"So, uh, why don't you visit Clark?" Jodie asks. 

"Actually, I have a better plan." 

- - - - -

As Clark exits the farm to visit Chloe, he hears his phone ring. He picks it up and checks it. 

Jodie calling...

He accepts the call. 

"Hello?"

"Clark! You have to help me. There's something bad going on. I'm in the mansion. Help me. He's coming! Clark hu--" Just before Jodie finishes her sentence, the call ends suspiciously. Clark super-speeds to the Luthor Mansion without hesitation and panic with the situation. 

What if I'm too late? Clark thinks to himself. He rubs the thought away, and concentrates on where he's going. 

Just when he arrives, he super-speeds to the library and open the door with his super-strenght. He sees no one inside. 

"Jodie?" He calls out. Then he hears giggles. What? 

"Hi, Clark." He hears a familiar voice that can be heard above him. He turns around and looks up and sees Heather, grinning with please. Then Clark grins with her. 

They both run up to each other and hug each other. 

Maybe Jor-el had a change of heart. Maybe Heather is part of Clark's future. When Clark felt Heather in his arms, all he can think of is 'I'm going to marry her'.

As they separate, Jodie has been behind them all the time, smiling at the reunion of the couple. She's glad to have them both be happy again and glad that her best friend is back.

"I missed you so much!" Heather says, breaking their gaze and pulling him into a kiss.

Jodie still smiles, but leaves them both alone. Everything is back to normal. She thinks.

When Clark and Heather left, Lex comes home from Metropolis and she gives him a kiss.

"You're being oddly happy," Lex comments once they separate. "What happened when I was gone?"

"Heather is back!" Jodie exclaims like a little kid.

"She's back? That's great!" Lex says, chuckling at her excitement.

Lex goes towards the bar and gets a drink.

- - - - -

Hei :)

Am I late again? I'm sorry :( . Maybe I should move the update time to Wednesday, what do you guys think? Anyway, yes, Heather is back! Woohoo!! 

A lot of things will be going on next chapter, especially for Heather and Clark!! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. 

Check my other account: @Graceful_Gryphon

Thanks for reading!!

~~Angelina~~