Chapter 23

Clark waits at the Kowatche cave for the rest of the Kryptonians. He walks back and forth and suddenly, a big gust of wind comes and they all arrive with Zod leading.

"So, why are we here?" Zod asks, walking towards him with his hands at the back.

Clark looks suspiciously at him, but then considers he has nothing. "Follow me." He says, with the Octagonal Disk at hand, he leads them to where he inserts the disk to go to The Fortress.

"I've never seen this place before." Faora says, looking around.

Everyone looks around in amazement while Clark inserts the disc in the stone the suddenly there's a blinding light surrounding everyone. As everyone gasps and close their eyes, they have arrived in The Fortress.

"I feel..." Zod says, but drifts off, not knowing what's happening to him. "... Strange."

"Yeah, me too." Faora says, looking at her hands. And the rest agrees. Then, a big bright void appears, sucking in one Kryptonian, then two, then three and the rest until Zod is left, holding onto a pillar.

"I am NOT LEAVING!!" He yells at Clark who just looks at him with the Blue Kryptonite dagger in hand. Then, as if Zod has his powers back, he let's go off the pillar and faces Clark. He can now see why his powers aren't working.

"YOU TRICKED US!" He says to Clark, then punching Clark on the face. He falls down and the dagger slides off. Zod hurriedly grabs it before Clark regains strength.

As Clark tries to stand up, Zod puts his foot on Clark's chest. He's stronger than I am! Clark thinks to himself. And then Zod stabs him on the heart with a smile on his face. Clark looses all his consciousness, but before he closes his eyes, he can see someone pushing Zod into the void.

Clark hears muffled talking and on top of that there's ringing in his ears. And...

He's gone...