Chapter 1

Clark Kent walks up the stage while a crowd of students and strangers are cheering and calling out his name "CLARK KENT!" followed by whistling. He looks at the principal and gets his certificate and shaking his hand. Then, he walks and waves at the crowd while walking down the stage and onto the green grass. Jonathan and Martha Kent walks up to him and hugs him.

"We are so proud of you!" Martha exclaimed letting go of their group hug.

"Yes, we are, son." Jonathan agrees, putting a hand on his shoulder and smiling at him. All of them walks toward their seat.

"Heather Wilmoth!" The MC announced her name. She stands up smiling and the crowd cheers her name followed by whistling. She looks at him and he smiles back. Clark walks back to the stage, waiting for Heather to go down.

He smiles at her again, when she walks down the stage. She reaches the grass; Clark picks her up and twirls her around; she giggles while all the crowd ooo's. Clark puts her back to the ground and kissed her on the cheek.

"Aw, c'mon!" Someone yelled from the crowd. Clark and Heaher smiles at each other and they head their way back to their seats as the graduation continues.

- - - - -

It is the day after the graduation. Clark is just sitting in his loft, on a breezy night, thinking about his life. He hears footsteps going up the stairs, leading to his loft and Jodie appears. Clark stands up in alarm to see the sadness and worry in her face.

"Jodie, what is it?" He asks, going towards her.

Jodie shakes her head and sighs. "My life is getting complicated." She sits on the couch and puts her hands on her face.

Clark sits beside her. "What happened?"

"Lex..." She says but drifts off. She sniffs. "He proposed to me..."

"Isn't that a good thing?"

"Yeah, but, Clark, I'm eighteen! I've got plans, I've got a lot of things ahead of me!"

"Why don't you talk about that with Lex? Settle this with him?"

"I want to, but I don't have the guts."

"If you want, I can talk to him for you."

"No, Clark, don't! I'll go talk to him when I'm ready," she pauses. "Thanks, Clark." She hugs him and then stand up to leave, but stops just before she walks down the stairs. "By the way, Lana and I are having a party tomorrow to celebrate after graduation," she says. "Come by if you can." She give him a smile and then leaves.

Clark sighs and sits on his sofa once again.

Lana...

Lana...

Why does that name still make him cringe, and yet he is in love with Heather. Clark and Heather have been together since Sophomore year. And Jodie thought she will have a shot with Clark, but she was with Lex Luthor instead. The Billionaire.

Clark hears footsteps again and Lois appears.

"Hey, there, Smallville... Mrs. Kent says that dinner is ready." Lois says.

Clark takes a deep breath. "Okay..."

Lois notices that there is something going on in Clark's head. "C'mon, Smallville, spill it."

"No, it's nothing."

Lois sits beside him and sighs.

"Does this have anything to do with Lana?" Lois asks.

"Lois, I'm fine." Clark says with a stern voice. He stands up and walk back to the house with Lois following him from the back.

- - - - -

Jodie drives back home still tears rolling down her cheeks.

I need time to think about this. I need a lot of time to think about this. Like, 5 years from now! I'm not ready. Not now. She says to herself.

She reaches back to the mansion and walks to the living room where she is sure that she will meet Lex. But just the sudden thought of it, her stomach churns and she just want to run away and hide.

Jodie, no. You have to be strong. You're eighteen. Not fifteen anymore. You can handle this. She tells herself.

As she walks in the library, her heart stops and she is speechless. Just looking at Lex in his laptop (as usual) she just can't do it.

Lex smiles at her. "Hi." He says.

She walks up to him and her heart is racing fast. "Um... Lex..." She starts, but drifts off. She thinks of what to say, but her mind is blank. Nothing.

"Listen, Jodie," Lex stands up from his chair and is now standing right in front of Jodie. Staring at her with his green eyes. "I know you're only eighteen. But just think about it. I don't want you to give me an answer immedietly. I can wait as long as it can take." He says, then kisses her forehead.

Jodie's heart beats back to normal and blood is returned to her body. They smile at each other.

I can't believe this guy exists.

"I'll go upstairs." She finally says. She walks to her room and she is happy.

- - - - -

Hei :)

It's finally here! The book that we have all been waiting for! Oh my God, you guys do not know how happy I am on how many reads and votes the last book got!

Anyway, I'm giving you 3 chapters! Just to cover up 3 weeks because it is my Christmas vacation and I have been working hard in school, so just give me some slack, please :).

I have also been thinking... The main character of this story is Clark, right? So, we will definitely have a kind of a POV for him. But the other main character is Jodie, (because of the last book) so we will also have a kind of a POV for her.

That's it! Hope you enjoy this novel.

Merry Christmas :D

Check my other account: @Graceful_Gryphon

Thanks for reading!!

~~Angelina~~