Chapter 22

It has been a few weeks, and Heather has already a tiny bump in her stomach. She knows that Clark needs to know about this, but he is barely home. Yeah, of course she should let him since he's the red-blue-blur, but what about her? The family that they're going to have? What would their child feel knowing that his/her father is barely home?

As Heather is sitting on the couch, thinking about all this, the door bursts open. Here comes Clark taking deep breaths. "Didn't work," Clark says, then he leans on the island in the kitchen. "None of them works!" He says, then slapping the table.

Heather walks up to him and rubbing his arm to keep him calm.

"I'm sorry, Heather." He says, now hugging her.

"No, it's okay," Heather says. "But I've been wanting to tell you something for a long time now."

"What is it?"

"I'm..." Drifting off, Heather can see the look in Clark's eyes that he's worried. Before even thinking, she already says it. "Pregnant." Suddenly, his eyes widen and he puts his hands on her waist .

"Are you serious?" Clark asks, looking back at her in the eyes, now moving his hands from her waist to her back. Heather nods and Clark kisses her. He makes the kiss deeper and deeper until they both can't breathe anymore. Heather breaks the kiss, but she still looks at Clark in the eyes and her hands on his nape.

"I love you, Clark."

"I love you too."

- - - - -

Months has passed, and the building beside where Zod usually meets up with his Kryptonians is almost done. Clark on the other hand is not doing so well. He has been more focused on saving people from what Zod is doing and trying to take Zod back to where he came from.

Now sitting in the Watchtower with Chloe, he still ponders at these plans that he will be doing next after his failed plans.

"Clark," Chloe says, looking away from the monitor. "Metropolis needs you. Now." And with that Clark super-speeds away.

The warning sign is off the monitor and Chloe smiles. Even though Clark has been doing this for billions of times now, this still makes her happy that Metropolis is being saved by her best friend.

"I still have nothing, Chloe." Clark says beside her, making her jump.

"Clark, just think. Is there anything that can de-activate your powers?" Chloe asks, Clark walks back to where he sat.

And a bulb turns on inside Clark, "Blue Kryptonite."

"Yes-"

"But there's no Blue Kryptonite anymore."

"Maybe ask your father?"

Clark thinks about this, but then considers it. "How will I get all of them in one place?"

"You know where they meet."

"How do I bring them back?"

Now they are both thinking about this. "I can ask Jor-El for help."

"Yeah, that could be a possibility."

"Thanks, Chloe." He says, then hugging her.

"That's what best friends are for."

Clark smiles at this and then super-speeds to The Fortress.

"You go, Clark."

"Jor-El, I need to ask a small favor from you." Clark says, once he enters The Fortress.

"Yes, my son, I knew you would ask that." Jor-El immediately replies.

A small blue glint catches his eye. It is a dagger with a silver handle, placed on a stone. Clark walks to it and grabs it. He can feel all the power drain away from him. Clark smiles from the thought of his brilliant plan, "Thank you, Jor-El."

"Of course, my son." Clark walks away, but his father says something. "Kal-El,"

Clark stop, "Yes?"

"I advice you to send them to the Phantom Zone."

Clark nods. And with that, he walks off The Fortress leaving the dagger. Clark smiles and can feel the powers coming back to him. He super-speeds to arrange a meeting with all of the Kryptonians

- - - - -

As Zod is looking at the building, almost finished, Clark appears beside him.

"I can help you." Clark says in a harsh tone. Zod looks at him, uninterested but then listens.

"How?"

"Just let the others know to come to the Kowatche Cave."

Zod thinks about this, but before he can say anything Clark has already disappeared. Alright. Zod thinks to himself, not knowing that he's falling into a trap.

But he just goes in and assemble everyone in one place. The Kryptonians has all come together once they see Zod come in.

"Kal-El has decided to help us," He says, "And he told me to let everyone come to the Kowatche Cave and meet him there."

Everyone starts whispering, Faora settles them down. "Well, what are we waiting for? The son of Jor-El is helping us." Zod super-speeds to the Kowatche cave, then the others follow him. Leaving a big gust of wind to the people they're passing by.