𝐖𝐨𝐚𝐡

Y/n was cutting away at the carrots with a dangerously sharp knife, the thin slices falling in a domino form on the cutting board, when Mrs. Weasley hurried back into the kitchen. 

"Thank you for the help again, darling," Mrs. Weasley thanked, flicking her wand in swirls, causing plates to fly from the cabinets and into a neat stack on the wooden countertop.

"It's really no problem, Mrs. Weasley" Y/n responded with a cheery tone. She had cut the carrot all the way to the stem, and she quickly grabbed the nearest bowl and scraped the carrots from the cutting board and into it.

She found she quite liked cooking, though sometimes she rather sit on the couch and flip through the pages of a romance novel.

Molly tutted, smiling, "What did I say about calling me Mrs. Weasley?"

Y/n smiled and answered, "I apologize, Molly."

She internally cringed at the first name usage to an adult.

They were quiet for a while, busy bustling about the kitchen, following recipes to the very best of their capabilities—which was exact

"Do you think their 'Weasley Wizarding Wheezes' thing will work," Mrs. Weasley blurted out, pausing her stirring.

Y/n frowned at her, wiping her hands with a napkin before turning toward the sink.

"I think you doubt them because of their grades," Y/n admitted, turning on the faucet and lathering her hands with soap. "But they're really, really smart—I mean, they're accomplishing things even older wizards have trouble doing what they can do!"

Mrs. Weasley was quiet, and Y/n sighed, reaching for the hand towel.

"Needless to say, I think they'll do great," she turned to Mrs. Weasley and had a little smile, hoping it was enough to reassure her.

Mrs. Weasley's eyes seemed a little brighter then, and she worked around the kitchen with a bit more rhythm than before.

Y/n was putting the apple pie in the oven right when George and Fred were walking through the living room and towards the open kitchen.

"Mum, can we borrow Y/N for a minute?"George asked, hands in his jean pockets.

"Oh, yes—but make sure she can come back in two minutes to take the other pie out of the oven," Mrs. Weasley, absentmindedly, as she focused on using her wand for cooking spells.

Fred, reaching from behind George, grabbed Y/n by the forearm and followed George behind a corner of the living room, concealed from Mrs. Weasley.

"Whatever it is, make it quick," She said, tapping her foot on the wooden floor.

"It's about the Ton-Tongue toffees," George blurted.

"Have you still got them?" Fred asked, looking at her expectantly.

"No, they disappeared sometime between now and when you gave them to me," Y/n answered sarcastically, pulling a few of the purple and orange candies out of her pocket, placing them in George's open hand. 

"What about the rest?" George whispered, counting the five prank-sweets in his palm.

"Just in case anyone were to go snooping around," she whispered, leaning in so they could hear her better, "I placed a jinx on my trunk so only me and you two can open it."

"Ah, smart girl," Fred patted her head, looking fairly impressed and smiling.

Y/n fought the blush threatening to appear on her cheeks, but to no avail. She hurried back into the kitchen as fast as she could, shoo-ing the twins away from the kitchen.