𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐏𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫!

Y/n got ready with a giddy smile on her face, still thinking about Fred's romantic apology.

"What's got you so happy?" Carrie asked as she buttoned up her dress shirt.

"Oh, nothing," Y/n lied, though her smile grew bigger and a small blush appeared on her cheeks.

"Don't lie, you've been smiling all morning!" Hermione joined in.

"And you've been humming that song!" Lavender added. "The one you sing when you're happy!"

"What's the name again?" Pavarti asked.

"Sweater Weather by The Neighborhood, she loves that song," Carrie said.

"Who wouldn't?" Y/n asked.

"So you admit it!" Hermione exclaims, pointing her finger at Y/n.

"Admit to what?" Y/n asked, nervous that they'd find out about last night.

"Are you nervous?" Parvati smirked.

"Oh shut it-" Y/n began, though she was cut off by an unfamiliar owl pecking on the window nearest to her.

Y/n opened the window and let the black owl in, it landed on her nightstand holding a scroll of parchment tied with a light blue silk ribbon. As all the girls stared at Y/n's curious figure, Y/n reached for the scroll. The owl let go and immediately flew out of the window, with no second thought.

Y/n began to unscroll the parchment before reading it.

Dear Y/n,

It's me, your mother. I'm so, so sorry. You don't deserve to have me apologize to you through a letter, but i'm afraid I must rush things due to the circumstances.

You have a sister, her name is Celiné. I know this is sudden, and I'm so sorry I have to tell you this way. I'm telling you this because she chose to no longer attend Beauxbatons after I told her she has a sister who attends Hogwarts, I do not blame her decision.

She wishes to have a relationship with you. I know I messed up by leaving you with your father, but I wasn't ready to become a mother at such a young age and I wasn't in love with Sirius. It was a mistake, it was a one nightstand. Please don't hold my mistakes against Celiné, she deserves more than that.

If you wish to meet her, visit Dumbledore's office October sixth eight o'clock. Please consider.

All the best regards, Delphine, your mother.

"What. The. Actual. Fuck." Y/n angrily muttered.

Y/n felt as though someone had slapped her in the face. She couldn't believe what she had just read, she felt anger at each word her mother wrote.

'How dare she, write me an apology about her stupid sob story?' Y/n thought angrily. 'No way in hell am I going to forgive her sorry ass-'

"Are you alright, Y/n/n?" Carrie asked.

"I'm not going to my classes today," Y/n said, crumpling the letter in her hands. "I've got an angry letter to write, and a terrible mother to reject."

"Reject a mother?" Lavender asked curiously.

"Oh Merlin, are you dating someone's mom?" Carrie sighed, as though she knew one day this was going to happen. "I mean as long as she's good looking-" 

"No! read this," Y/n scoffed while throwing the crumpled letter at the curious girl.

Y/n watched as each girl's expressions turned into disgust as they read the letter.