𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐩𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

ʏ/ɴ'ꜱ ᴘᴏᴠ

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

I sat in the common room, Hermione sitting beside me on the couch. Hermione was, of course, informed on the news that the first task would be dragons—I told her before Harry could. But, because she knew, she was doing extreme research on Dragons and their weaknesses. And I was helping her, reading some of the books on topic and then taking many breaks reading my own cheesy romance books.

Hermione tossed away yet another useless Dragon book to the side of her, and now it sat in a small stack on the cushion. I let out a sigh at the last page of the Dragon Facts for Fun, another waste of reading time; I tossed it to my side like Hermione.

"I should've known the stupid book wouldn't be any help," I grumbled, tilting my head back.

"We'll find something soon—"

Hermione was cut off as someone made a rather noisy entrance into the common room; that person was Harry Potter. He tripped on his way in, but got up quick and practically sprinted toward Hermione and I. Hermione looked at him wide-eyed when he reached the front of the couch and I struggled to hold in a giggle.

"Y/n/n, remember when Professor Moody told me to come to his office?" Harry asked me breathlessly.

My internal laughter stopped.

"What happened?" I asked quickly. "Are you alright?"

"What?" Harry looked at her, taken aback. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"He's just a bit cuckoo," I shrugged, then placed my hands on my crossed legs. "You know the thing with Quirell, Moody seems a bit sussy, you know what I mean?"

"No, I don't..." Harry had his brows furrowed as he looked at me—honestly, I think he was wondering what the word "sussy" means, but whatever. "Well, I went to Moody's office and he started talking about the task... Do you guys know anything about a summoning charm?"

I did not, and Hermione obviously did because she perked up excitedly.

"I do!" She clapped her hands together. "We were supposed to learn it later in the year but I read about it and had to try it out, it took awhile for me to get it right but I've got the hang of it now!"

Hermione was breathless from the fast paced talking, the way she usually is when she's excited. I've picked up on little things my friends do that make them, well, them over the years. Hermione takes a quick breath each time she laughs, Harry re-adjusts his glasses constantly when he's stuck on a question in a test, and Ron stress eats before quizzes, exams, and tests—but he hardly eats before a Quidditch game, scared Gryffindor is going to loose.

"Alright, so what are you supposed to use the summoning charm for?" I asked.

"I'm gonna fly," Harry said confidently, tilting his chin up ever so slightly.

"You're gonna fly...." I repeated, nodding my head slowly. "So, like, Peter Pan? Like, pixie dust? You're gonna summon pixie dust?"

"Who's Peter and what the bloody hell is pixie dust?" Harry looked clueless. You would think being raised in a home of muggles, you would know who Peter Pan is.

"Honestly, Harry, he's only in a classic Disney movie," Hermione rolled her eyes. She knew who that was, hashtag raised-with-muggle-movies, I guess.

"Well I'm sorry my uncle didn't let me watch movies for fun because he's a arse," Harry said sarcastically, rolling his eyes. "As I was saying, I'm gonna fly.... On my broom."