𝐏𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐬

There was a moment of silence that fell upon them, but was soon interrupted by Y/n's hands clapped together.

"Oh, darling," Delphine said, rushing over to her youngest daughter to bring her into a hug. "Just like your father, he'll be so proud."

Y/n could barely make out her words, as her face was nuzzled into Celiné's pure blonde hair. But, Y/n still heard it, and she grew curious.

"I know, mother," Celiné said, awkwardly patting her mother's head.

"Um, question," Y/n spoke up, ruining the moment. "Did you say father or am I just hearing things again?"

"You hear things?" Delphine asked worriedly as she ignored Y/n's question.

"Only sometimes," She shrugged. "But, did you say father or not?"

"Oh," Delphine laughed nervously. "Yes, I did."

"And who's her father?" Y/n asked. "Is it another baby daddy or-"

"Good heavens, no!" Delphine looked appalled as she laid her hands on her chest as she gasped.

"Just asking," Y/n held her hands up in defense.

"I'm married, in fact," Delphine said, as though defending her honor, though it was never in danger.

"You have a lot of explaining to do," Y/n crossed her arms over her chest.

"I guess I do," Delphine sighed.

Y/n cast a look at Dumbledore, who looked rather interested in the drama, signaling for him to leave.

"I'll leave you three to sort this out," Dumbledore announced, walking away from the scene.

"Oh, and place the sorting hat on the desk, please."

Delphine did as she was told, and soon sat down again, looking in between her mother and sister with great interest.

"So, mother," Y/n began, slightly mocking the word 'mother'. "Explain."

"Alright," She said, taking her seat once more.

"Can I stay?" Celiné asked.

"Of course, dear, you have a part in this too." Delphine said sweetly.

Y/n's chest felt unusually tight at the sweetness in her tone, her motherly tone. It's true, Y/n had heard that tone from Mrs. Weasley and Camilla many times before, but never from her real Mother. God, she hated admitting it, but she wanted it so bad. She wanted Delphine as her motherly figure, she hated it, truly. She was so jealous of Celiné, for she had her mother all her life, and Y/n didn't.

"Please, don't interrupt while I explain, It will only take longer," Delphine pleated.

"Fine."

Delpine took a long, slightly shaky breath as Y/n leaned back in her chair, ready for Delphine's words to come flowing out.

"It all started when I met your charming father," Delphine began, reminiscing on the memory. "We met at a bar, the usual bar I went to for a relaxer. But, today I saw Sirius for the third time that week, and I had decided that I should give him a go. So, I went up, and we talked. He bought me drinks, and I drank them, of course. Little did I know, I would regret having seven cups of fire whiskey that night."

"You drank seve-" Y/n began.

"Shh," Celiné silenced her, looking at her mother with eagerness.

"As I was saying," Delphine took another long breath. "Seven cups was far too many, and I know that now. But back then, I didn't. Things got heated between Sirius and I rather quickly, I ended up staying the night, and, well, you know."