𝐒𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐑𝐞𝐣𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

"You think it's funny to ignore my detentions, eh?"

"Quite amusing, yes."

There sat Y/n, arguing with Professor Moody once again. She was starting to get annoyed by his constant hatred and discrimination against her in class, so she decided to attend his detentions for once, and plus Mcgonagall had told her to.

"I suggest you shut your trap before I send you to Dumbledore," He sneered, his face dangerously close to Y/n's, his crazy eye whizzing around. "You're lucky I haven't yet."

"Fine," She rolled her eyes. "What do you want me to do?"

"I want you to write an essay on how to respect your professors," He said simply, backing away from her desk.

"Of course," She said in an annoyingly sweet voice.

Y/n could've sworn she saw his face become slightly deformed before he took a swig from his flask. But perhaps it was just her being tired, right?

Her hand ached by the time she was finished, he wouldn't let her stop writing until he was happy with the length of the essay. Unbeknownst to Moody, Y/n was a devoted writer, and she knew how to manipulate the use of words. She had perfected the art of using words to avoid the true topic, for she wrote so often it had become a second nature to her.

Y/n was now sat up against a tree, reading the book Hermione had given her: Fantastic Beast; and where to find them, while Harry read his own book. Neville was there too, wearing knee high water boots, standing in the shallow part of the Great Lake. He adored plants, as nearly everyone knew, and he recently received a book on Herbology from Moody; and he was now researching as much as he could on it.

"Amazing!" Neville exclaimed, holding a slob of what looked like seaweed.

"Neville, you're doing it again," Harry said irritably.

"Harry, don't be rude," Y/n said, an annoyed tone in her voice.

"Sorry, Neville," Harry apologized.

Neville gave a nod to Harry before his attention was caught by something behind the tree Harry and Y/n leaned against, waving at whatever it was.

"Hey!" Neville said, still waving.

Y/n peeped her head around the corner, seeing an agitated Hermione arguing with Ron, Ginny behind them. Ginny rolled her eyes at her brother's stupidity and waved at Y/n.

The Veela girl got up, Harry followed, and walked over with a smile.

"Hey Mione, Ginny!" Y/n greeted, completely ignoring the red headed boy.

"Hey," Ginny replied when Hermione didn't.

Hermione simply greeted Y/n with a smile before turning to Harry, taking an annoyed-sounding breath.

"Ron told me to tell you that Pavarti was told by Dean, who was told by Seamus, that Hagrid's looking for you," Hermione huffed.

"Well you tell- wait what?" Harry asked, puzzled.

"Please don't ask me to say it again," Hermione groaned.

"Ron, you have vocal chords, don't you?" Y/n asked, finally looking at Ron's freckled face.

Ron nodded.

"Then use them."

Ron gulped but continued to stay silent. Ginny looked at Y/n with deep admiration, seeing her as an older sister figure, and aspiring to be like her, though she was already tough enough from having six routy brothers.