10. Suspicions and Hunches

Disclaimer : Marvel owns the Avengers and Rick owns Percy Jackson.

● ● ●

Chapter 10...

In the busy streets in the city of New York. People hurry down the sidewalks, cars try to get through the traffic, the typical noises drown anything else. It seemed to be another ordinary day to the civilians. Another day of their regular lives, undisturbed, unchanged, uninterrupted. What they don't see, is the hidden forces at work.

In another place, at a tower said to be the meeting place of the mightiest heroes of earth, chaos broke out. The very threat loomed over them. Orders were given, heads worked and every soul who knew of the upcoming danger they would face waited in fear and anticipation. What they don't know, is the divine works above.

At the highest floor of the Empire State building. The 600th floor.

Otherwise known as...Olympus.

A meeting that's been going on for days was being held in the throne room of the gods. The twelve Olympians harkend together. As the matter was important, Hestia goddess of the hearth and Hades god of the Underworld were invited for their wisdom and say in what was to be done. As much as it would it be nice to say they did it in a formal and calm discussion, it was nowhere near anything fit to describe 'formal' or 'calm'

"Sent me down there and I'll teach the brat a lesson!"

"Let the godlings handle it!"

"No, let those mortals deal with it!"

"Again Dionysus, that is out of the question!"

"I WILL HAVE ORDER!!"

The room fell into silence once the last echo of the booming voice of Zeus the king of gods faded into nothing and the crackle of thunder dissipated. The young gods continued to glare at their siblings with annoyance.

Three days. Three days and they came up with nothing. The threat was at their doorsteps but no solution was satisfying enough. No plan had an end that got their stakes higher.

At the seat of his throne, the only diety that kept low was the god of the sea, Posiedon. It wasn't common to see the god not bickering with his brother but at the moment, he was too worried to care.

His absense in the arguements wasn't unnoticed.

Lifeless sunken eyes shifted to the brooding god in a Hawaii-shirt "Brother, what do you suppose we do in this situation" Lord Hades inquired in his seat, eyes fixed on his brother who held his forehead in one hand and his Trident rather tightly in the other.

Eyes filled with turmoil like a hurricane met his. Lord Posiedon regained his composure, steeling himself to meet the gazes of the other Olympians that now stared at him with some eager hope of finaly having some plan on what to do. This was no easy task. The entire cause of all this was not left soley on the rogue Norsen god, but his own descendant.

"I stand by on leaving the threat mostly to the mortals but to aid discreetly"

"What else?"

"What?"

Hades rolled his eyes "We know you want something to be done about your demigod son."

His hand turned white as it gripped tighter on his weapon "You will ot harm him." He stated warningly.

"No, we won't." surprisingly, it was Hera goddess of family and marriage who spoke.

Now the council was too shock to answer. The goddess sighed as she saw her own husband gaping at her statement.