4. Bone-chilling

Disclaimer : Marvel owns the Avengers and Rick owns Percy Jackson. I own this story.

                                                         ● ● ●

                       The legacy of Posiedon bit his lip as he felt the coldness tickle his skin. It was so cold. He wished he had braught his jacket or coat. His knees pressed against Blackjack's side as he tried not to shiver.

It was so warm when we left Long Island, he thought.

They were in the middle of reaching New York. They followed the jet plane here from Long Island. He still had no clue to why the jet was going there but he was bent on getting some answers.

Looming over his home city, Percy kept his eyes on where the jet was going. He had to wonder if camp was getting worried by now, or if they were sending out search parties, or maybe both.

Absent mindedly, he rubbed his chilling hands as he thought what was going on back at his home. While traffic was ever present down in the city streets, he was up here chasing a speeding jet. He had promised Blackjack a trip to the nearest doughnut stand.

He thought he couldn't possibly be even more worried by now, but when he saw where the jet was heading to, he nearly pulled out his hair.

His luck couldn't be this worse, wait, it was.

The building, he was able to recognize, was the organization S.H.E.I.L.D's headquarters. One of the last people Camp Half-blood wanted on their tracks. He had heard of these people all too much. He had known they were searching for the people in orange shirts (the campers) who helped in the Battle of New York, especially Percy since he was caught on the paper, again.

He was wasn't gonna hide the fact he was awed at the sight of the place. It was massive, and maybe a bit over the top. The jet landed on the roof of the place that had a landing spot. He would be seen if he tried to land his pegasus there, the mist may help but he wasn't sure how much. He steered his pegasus down to land a bit farther away from the place and landed on a safe spot where he was sure no one could see him. He was sure he was doing this solo so he told Blackjack to go ahead and try his best to tell camp he was fine.

Stay safe boss.

"You too Blackjack, stay above the clouds okay?" He said.

Yes sir, boss.

"Will you ever stop calling me boss?"

No sir, boss.

Percy rolled his eyes. He waved goodbye when his pegasus flew away then proceeded to think of a plan on how to get in a heavily gaurded and high tech headquarters of trained spies. He had second thoughts on not bringing back up. Annabeth could have snuck in undetected with her Yankees cap. He may have faced monsters and titans, but he would risk exposing his secret if he was caught which was more than likely to happen if he tried sneaking in.

The honking of loud horns was annoying him as he tried to concentrate on his thoughts, and the smell of smoke and trash didn't help one bit. He had to button up his navy blue polo shirt to hide his orange shirt except for the last upper two.

He was thinking so deeply -Annabeth would be in shock-, walking in the sidewalk pass numerous other New Yorkers, he hadn't sense someone running towards him until they bumped shoulders and the other person almost tripped if Percy had not caught his arm to stop him.

"I am so sorry!" the person who bumped into him said quickly after he regained his footing "It was my fault"

"It's fine, I didn't see you" Percy said dusting himself.