5. No Calm Before The Storm

Disclaimer : Marvel owns the Avengers and Rick owns Percy Jackson. I own this story.

● ● ●

***At Camp Half-Blood***

Dusk had settled already at the camp for young demigods. The campers were preparing for dinner that would be ready in an hour or so. They were all oblivious of their leader missing, all but three people.

One of them was a californian blonde camper.

Annabeth had faith in Percy. She really did. He was the best camper at swordplay, toppled a lot of trials and tribulations, and he had the curse of Achilles that made him immune to any cuts or injuries. He should be fine whenever he was outside of camp borders.

But she had known him ever since they were twelve. Percy could get stuck in dangerous situations with his fortune. He was a walking magnet of trouble -as the counselors called him-. He can get rapped up in perils the secont his gaurd lowerd.

They may have ended their relationship -well he did, but she wouldn't say it- he was still her bestfriend, she had gotten worried as soon as an hour had passed since he left. He would never be out this long, not as long as he told someone where he was going.

Annabeth knew she should alert Chiron. He would know what to do , though she was planning search parties in her brain by now.

Her grey eyes searched for her mentor around the archery reign. It was his time to teach the Hermes kids, but she didn't see him anywhere with the campers. Instead she saw him talking with a satyr in a hush tone. Creasing her eyebrows, she approached him.

His head perked up when he saw the blonde coming. He had stopped his conversation with the satyr and watched quietly as Annabeth came to him.

"Annabeth" he said when she finaly stood infront of him "My dear, what is the matter?"

"It's Percy" she saw Chiron grow tense, his eyes pinned at her.

"What about Percy?!?" surprisingly it wasn't Chiron who asked but the her close friend Grover asking. His face turned pale and terror showed in his expression.

Okay. She was expecting them to be worried but not be down right terrified.

"He left to get out of camp for a while after our..." she trailed off, not bothering meeting their eyes. The two understood instantly.

Word travels fast "And he hasn't come back, it's been an hour now" she continued "I'm getting worried"

Grover was clearly upset "This is not good! It's happening!!" he cried.

"Calm down, standing here and doing nothing but fret is of no help" said Chiron.

"Wait, time out, what am I missing in this conversation?" Annabeth demanded standing between the two, arms crossed, her face saying she was waitting for one them to spill the beans.

"My dear, we have not much time, hurry, we must get to the Big House" he said "I shall explain on the way, Grover, alert me if Percy comes back"

Grover nodded and went to do his job. Annabeth watched him leave until he dissapeared in the groups of campers training. Then she got a wiff of the moist air. It smelled like rain. She dismissed that thought, it can't rain in camp.

"Annabeth" Chiron started as they fell into step side by side as they walked "I'm afraid we have a terrible situation going on"

"That situation is...?"

"I have just been contacted by the Olympians, they have informed me of a menacing enemy has escaped from its shackles"

Nothing new frankly..., she thought bitterly.