12. Mistake

Disclaimer: Rick Riordan owns Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Marvel owns the Avengers.

~● ● ●~

Shadow travel was not Percy's ideal way of getting anywhere. He hated it as much as flying. But since when did life ever care what he wanted. He was soon shoved out of his cabin and placed atop of Ms. O'Leary, his pet hellhound.

Him and Eugeen had spllited ways. While Percy would go to wherever it was Ms. O'Leary wanted him to go the Athenian would attempt to warn Camp Half-Blood of the situation and inform them of his well-being.

So here he was, trying not to stumble as his feet touched the ground. They had popped out of a shadowed alleyway back in Manhattan. Smoke was rising from a sewer vent nearby making it hard to see where the damp alley leaded too. He could hear cars, but they seemed to he distant.

He turned back to Ms. O'Leary who was sniffing a few rats who ran away as soon as they saw the giant black dog coming near. Percy held Riptide in his hand in pen form just in case.

"So girl, what is it you want to show me?" From his past experiences, he knew Ms. O'Leary was an intelligent creature. If she wanted him to follow, then it was always a good reason. Usually it meant Hades or Nico had summoned him. He perfered the latter.

The hellhound sat to stare at him with her tongue out before nudging him to turn around with her snout. Percy searched the area before him. He spotted something in the foggy alleyway. A silhouette of a person.

He didn't have time to blink when that silhouette suddenly lunged at him. A blur of black was all he saw. Years of battle had his senses familiarized with surprise attacks. His reflexes and timing was good, he disarmed the sword coming down at him. His eyes narrowed at the sword about to attack him. He recognized that blade.

"You're getting slower Perce." A voice chuckled.

Percy smirked despite the previous event, "Am I? Isn't that your sword on the ground? The one I disarmed." He sassed back.

The person shrugged and bent down to collect his weapon. The person was still a boy, with emoish looks and wore black from head to toe.

"Nico, what am I doing here?" Percy asked curiously. "Is it your step-mom or uncle doing this?"

"Nah, it's on me this time." Nico said seathing his Stygian Iron sword away. "I have someone I thing you should meet." He seemed fidgety.

"Someone?"

Steps were heard. He looked away from Nico to see another person coming to view. He didn't see the son of Hades sneak off into a shadow.
The person was taller than him, older too. With black shoulder-lenght hair pulled back neatly, though there were two rebelious bangs framing his forhead, pale skin, plain clothes and green eyes. Percy couldn't read the look he was receiving. The man was staring at him with wide eyes, non-moving once he stopped infront of him.

He waited for the older male to say something, but he remained silent. It felt very uneasy how intense his eyes bore into the teen.

Tired of the dead silence, Percy took it upon him to break it. "And you are?" He asked.

The man kept silent for a moment, then replied. "Tell me who you are first." It wasn't a request, it was a demand.

The teen glared, "Percy Jackson, now answer my question."

He wasn't expecting what happend next. Percy suddenly felt warmth on his face as he was enveloped by two strong arms. His body froze, his kind going blank as everything paused. Fingers ran through his messy hair and he heard the man currently hugging him talking.