"YOU?!"

HEYO READERS! WELCOME BACK FOR A NEW CHAPTER!

ENJOY!

CHAPTER-7

Mallika was chilling in her room, enjoying the peace and quiet with a book in her hand. She felt content and happy after the events of yesterday. She had found a brotherly figure in Dau and a good friend in Sumedh and she had Deepali. 

"Mallika?" her mother's voice cut through her reverie. "Beta, come down here."

She got up from her peaceful place, groaning slightly and ran down the stairs to see her Maa. Her father was present there too. They both were looking quite serious and her mother's face showed worry.

"Mallika, your aunt is very sick." her father started and Mallika looked at him in concern. "We have to visit her in her last days." Oh no, Aunt...do I have to go too? But what about the show?, Mallika thinks frantically.

"But--" Mallika started but her mother ushered her to be quiet.

"We understand that you can't come because of your work but your mother and I were afraid of your safety." 

Mallika looked at him and smiled. "Baba, I'll be fine. I can handle myself."

Her father smiled at her. "I know Mallika, but we are your parents so we made an arrangement. Deepali will be over as at nights always." he says. "And one of my trusted friend's son will be here at day."

Mallika stared at them. A boy? Her father trusting a boy for her safety? 

Unheard of.

They seemed to notice her hesitance so they reassuringly said, "Beta, he is very sweet and will surely very trust worthy" Just who is this boy that my parents trust for my safety?

"Indeed I am Aunty" A voice said from the door which she least expected to hear today. She turned to look in the amused and smug eyes of Sumedh Mudgalkar.

****

"YOU?!" she shouted and her parents looked startled..

"Do you know each-other?" her mother asked tentatively. "Yes" Mallika answered.

Mallika's father cleared his throat. "Erm-yes, Mallika we will leave early tomorrow morning, so we should pack." Her mother winked at her before leaving with a teasing smile.

Sumedh waltzed into the room and gave Mallika his signature grin.

"Soooooo want to show me your room?"he asked. Mallika glared at him before smirking.

"We need some ground rules."

****

"Lets revise again!" Mallika urged him and Sumedh groaned slumping back on the bed. They were in the guest bedroom where Sumedh would stay.

"Don't step into your bedroom or you'll kill me." he recited.

"Hmm" Mallika acknowledged.

"Don't touch your personal things or you'll kill me"

"Hmm"

"Don't tell anyone about this arrangement or you'll kill me"

"That's right!" Mallika said cheerfully. "These are your ground rules!"

Sumedh pretended to be exasperated but he was feeling quite lively inside. He was going to live with the girl of his dreams for a month. Only she didn't know it yet. She was ranting about culinary skills or something but he wasn't paying much attention.

"Sumedh." Mallika said and he ignored her. "Sumedh" she said more forcefully and her purposefully ignored her.

"SUMEDH!" she screamed near his ear and he jumped, taken aback from the move.

"WHAT?"

"I'm hungry" she said innocently. He glared at her.

This girl is going to be the death of me.

****

"La la la la laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" Sumedh sang and Mallika shut her eyes and put her hands over her ears in frustration.

"Stop that!" she snapped at him. They were in the kitchen making pancakes as there was nothing else. Mallika made a mental note to go shopping next time. 

"Nah!" Sumedh replied and continued singing just to annoy her.

"I'll throw you out of the house if you don't stop it now!" Mallika threatened.

Sumedh looked at her in mock-hurt. "I'm too cute to be thrown out!" he gasped.

Mallika smiled mischievously. "Is that so?" she hummed and took the pancake mix and dumped it over his head.

"AHH GROSSSSS!" he screamed at his curled knotted with the lumpy mixture. Mallika clutched her sides and laughed hard.

"I'LL GET YOU FOR THAT!" he shouted and dumped the milk on her. She squeaked as he also put emptied all the cherries on her.

"You---" she stared and took the flour bag and throwing the flour on him. He unfortunately ducked and the flour sprewed across the floor.

"MISSED ME!" he teased and Mallika gave a challenging but happy smile.

"Game on Mudgalkar"

****

After 30 minutes, most of the kitchen was trashed, items were empty and Mallika was covered in whipped cream, milk, cherries, achar, flour and--she had no idea how--instant curry masala.

While Sumedh was covered up in, Pancake mix, cheetos, kurkure, milk, flour and disgusting slime and had no idea how that got here.

"We really should clean up." Mallika suggested. Sumedh looked at her,

"Are you talking about the kitchen?" he asked pointing toward the ruined kitchen, "Or the people who ruined it?" he asked gesturing to them both.

"Haha" she said airily. "Very good, both of them." Sumedh was about to reply back but then a horrified shriek caught them.

"What is going on?!" Their mother asked, loudly, who was holding some bags and her dad who was holding car keys which means they just came home.

Sumedh and Mallika looked at each-other.

"Oops"

AND CUT IT!

This was one fun chapter, I hope you guys liked it too! How was the Sumellika scene?

 Make sure to tell me in the COMMENTS and VOTE for the chapter and also FOLLOW me and I'll keep writing and SHARE this story with more Sumellika fans!.

Be Back Soon!