A Special Moment

Mallika's POV

"Are you alright?" Mallika asked, "You have been uncannily quiet."

Sumedh shook his head. "I'm fine, just thinking."

"Really? Mind telling me?"

"Nah," He said. "Something's up with the two of them. They are finding situations to keep us together and I feel like they are not being very subtle."

"Correct" Mallika nodded, "Deepali said that she wanted to spend time with Basant though, maybe it's both."

After a moment of silence both stared at each other. Sumedh cleared his throat.

"Erm, we should change."

Mallika nodded furiously, grabbing her clothes she opened the bathroom door but Sumedh blocked it.

"Come outside in 10 minutes, I want to show you something." he whispered, his hands curling softly on her's. Mallika felt goosebumps erupt on her back, she opened her mouth to respond but Sumedh turned away.

Coming inside she realized that for the first time, she felt nervous around Sumedh.

****

Walking out of the Hotel room bare feet, dressed in white shorts and a soft T- shirt, Mallika looked out of the corridor balcony to see Sumedh. Going down the stairs she walked quickly at the feel of cold grass.

Sumedh turned to look at her, smiling slightly he beckoned her to come forward. Not waiting he walked fast quickly with Mallika behind.

"What are we doing?" she echoed. Not answering, he gave her a hand, climbing up a small rock.

Sighing and taking it she said, "Sumedh, this is a forest. Where are we going?"

"Not to worry, we're almost there." He said not giving a straight answer. After a few more minutes Sumedh closed his fingers around Mallika's wrist again he slid another around her eyes.

"Hey!" she protested but he hushed her. 

"Now open them."

She obliged and gasped at the sight. They were in a brightly lit gazebo, decorated with fairy lights and flowers with extravagant fragrance.

 They were in a brightly lit gazebo, decorated with fairy lights and flowers with extravagant fragrance

"Wow. Just Wow." Mallika said, unable to come up with the proper word. She turned to look at Sumedh who was grinning at her with a shy look on his face and hands behind him. His curls were looking bouncy and eyes shining either with happiness or the lights. 

Either way it was something about him that made Mallika's cheeks color and make her look away.

"Do you like it?" He enquired, coming up behind her and smiling.

"Love it." Mallika replied. She gazed up at the night sky, which was splattered with stars and the moon, 

"I just wish I wore footwear," she said gesturing at her feet which were splattered with mud. Sumedh frowned but then smirked

"You were so excited to meet me you forgot to wear shoes?" He asked. Mallika resisted from rolling her eyes, but surprisingly she had no answer.

She turned to look at Sumedh, "I'm just thinking how I'll miss this when we have to go back."

"Me too, But we can come back." He said, taking Mallika's hand and lacing there fingers together. Mallika smiled up teasingly,

"Who did you ask for this?" She said looking around at the gazebo. Sumedh looked a bit sheepish.

"Well, I asked the Hotel lady and she said that, her husband took her out here for a special moment so um--" he broke off. Mallika blinked but out of nowhere she felt a surge of confidence at his smiling face.

"A special moment," She murmured. Mallika looked at Sumedh. He's was looking at her intently and knowing that this could turn out very wrong. That it will break the rules she made. That it will crush the final boundary between her heart.

Twining her other hand into Sumedh's she pressed her lips to his.

For a moment nothing happened. Mallika's new found confidence was almost gone--afraid she had done something wrong--she started to pull away but very slowly, as if the time had slowed she felt Sumedh kiss her back. His soft lips moved at a slow pace mirroring her own, closing her eyes she was lost in the moment. It was all perfect.

****

So I definitely was NOT blushing, rolling around the place and fangirling while writing this. It was such a relief to write this after so many chapters. How was the Gazebo Idea??

 I hope you loved it too!!

[What was your reaction to this chapter? Comment!!!]

Make sure to VOTE and COMMENT!! I love your comments!

Stay Awesome and Safe,

Be Back Soon!