Road Trip Part-2

CHAPTER-14

Mallika smacked her forehead in frustration. Where was Deepali? She promised that Basant would pick Sumedh and her from the boat ride. 

"Have you tried calling them?" Sumedh asked. Mallika glared at him,

"26 times."

"We should probably rent our own ride then," he suggested. Before Mallika could say anything a text came up,

Sorry couldn't pick up the phone! The signal here is terrible. We rented a hotel here, I'll text u the address-- Deepali.

Mallika showed it to Sumedh, "Yep, we are on our own. Let's go"

****

"WHERE ON EARTH ARE YOU NOW?" Mallika shouted on the phone. They had came up here all the way to the hotel in a cab.

"--Second floor--"

"No, your not. We are standing on the second floor, seriously!"

"--You are on the wrong building Mallika!"

"Fine. We'll be there.--NO SUMEDH!" She protested as Sumedh tried to snatch her phone, "--Give it BACK!"

She put it to her ear again but Sumedh pulled it towards him again, "Tell Dau we love him!!" he screamed and ended the call. 

"You are such a child sometimes. Like how old are you?" Mallika said with a angry glance, "Don't take it as a compliment" she said before Sumedh could contradict her.

He sobered up in a moment, "Do you think they are planning something?"

"Maybe," she agreed. "Or they want to spend time together."

"Or." Sumedh pressed, "They want us to spend time together."

"The thought crossed my mind too," Replied Mallika. That was the end of the conversation.

****

"I feel like crap." Mallika groaned as she laid on the bed. "My legs feel like jelly."

Deepali laughed, "Really?"

"Yes. And it's your fault,"

"Mine?! You were the one who went to the wrong building!"

Mallika got up, "You were the one who bailed to pick us up."

"Ladies, please!" Sumedh said lightly, "Don't fight."

"WE ARE NOT FIGHTING!" Deepali and Mallika said in unison. "And it's none of your damn business."

Basant chuckled, "It's better not to talk at all"

Sumedh sighed. Mallika turned. She was feeling weird like something was gonna happen. Instinctively she turned to Deepali.

"Are you alright?" Deepali asked. Mallika shook her head before she could reply the door knock sounded. Basant got up to receive it, opening, a man in a manager's costume smiled at them.

He said, "Is this Miss. Deepali's room?"

Deepali nodded and he continued, "She also booked separate rooms for Miss Mallika and Mr. Sumedh?"

Again, Deepali nodded.

"But there is no official bill, we are sorry to inform but our rooms are filling up, we can only allot one room."

"What?!" Mallika gasped, "But how will we arrange sleeping?" 

Deepali looked apologetic, "Sorry Mallika. I can share with Basant, though!"

"No, need. We girls can share together and the boys can take the other room." Mallika replied smoothly while turning to unpack her suitcase. Deepali quickly glanced at Basant.

Basant looked flustered, "No-no. I promised Deepali, I will help her play Jenga!" {Jenga is a game BTW}

Mallika narrowed her eyes. "I can help her play Jenga."

Deepali quickly whispered something in Mallika's ear and she sighed. "Alright you and Basant can share a room. I'll adjust with Sumedh."

****

I KNOW! It was a short chapter but it was a filler. Filler chapters are usually short. What do you think will happen? [NOTHING LIKE THAT]

Make sure to VOTE and COMMENT and FOLLOW. I'll even introduce some new characters in the next few chapter so stay tuned!

Stay Home and Safe,

Be Back Soon!

Mishita💖