Do You?

CHAPTER-21  [SHORT CHAPTER ALERT]

Mallika's POV

"They took it rather well, didn't they?" Sumedh mumbled. They were out watching the sunrise while the others were sleeping soundly inside the tents. 

"I told you, they would understand" Mallika replied, combing her her. She still was unsure how to bring Sumedh's confession for her into the conversation without looking like a fool. 

"And what about you?"

The question sent jolts through her. How did she feel about him?  Was he talking about his secrets or the confession?

Almost unknowingly Mallika sighed, "I don't know. It seems foggy, like I want to see the other side but I can't ignore the mist."

"You and your quotes," Sumedh laughed. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means that I want wanted to trust you the moment you I saw you again but I couldn't ignore the aura you kept. Keeping things to yourself is fine, but when they start to hurt you, you have to trust the person you say you trust. When that is down, there is nothing you could get hurt with." Mallika explained. 

Sumedh looked thoughtful, "That almost awfully applied to me and you." he said. Taking a step forward his hand rose to swiftly  caress her cheek. Mallika felt heat rise up to her cheeks.

"W-what?" She stammered. He grinned at her expression, his hand not leaving her cheek.

"Nothing."

"About what you said to me yesterday," Mallika blurted suddenly. "Is it true? That you called yourself foolish to let go of me the first time?"

"Yes. Everything I said was true, I called myself more than foolish to let you go, Mallika."

"And that you will understand if I don't feel the same way you  feel about me." She whispered.

"Do you?" He countered. "Do you feel the same I feel about you Mallika?"

Do you, Mallika?

"And what way do you feel about me?" She said, playing it right back at him. He smirked, but in his eyes she could see it.

'Should I?'  They asked for consent. Mallika nodded. Slowly Sumedh dipped his head and pressed his lips softly to Mallika's. She smiled against his lips and replied right back. It lasted only for a few seconds but it was enough for Mallika to decide an answer.

HAHAHAHAHA

This is the end for this chapter. I know, I'm the master of leaving you hung here after every kissing scene. What will Mallika say? Yes or No? THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE LONG, SO BEAR WITH ME.

How are we feeling?

Next chapter will be coming up tomorrow! And I apologize for the wait, I didn't have much inspiration.

QUESTION:- What's your most favorite and least favorite subject?

Stay Awesome and Safe,

Be Back Soon!