𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐒 𝐊𝐈𝐒𝐒

It's the night after the Christmas ball and the teenage girls are laying on the couches extremely bored.

"We could get dressed and go to a club?" Lily suggested. They were trying to find what to do for the past hour and a half.

"I like the idea but we have to find a way, so we won't get caught by the boys." Chris agreed. Luna and Rolph would let them go out, but there was no doubt, the boys would not allow them go to a club.

"Yeah I agree with Chrissie. Mom and dad will let us go but there's no way out brothers will, Lils. They're too overprotective." Aurora stated.

"Who's overprotective?" a new voice asked from behind them.

James

"No one you nosy git" Lily told him.

After about twenty minutes of getting ready the girls successfully left the house without getting caught by their brothers/friends. They headed to a club near the Manor and when they came home everyone was asleep. Or so they thought.

They entered the house, two out of the three were giggling uncontrollably while the other one, Aurora, was trying to shush them out in order to go unnoticed. Yes Aurora herself was drunk but not in the same state as Chris and Lily. With Lorcan and Lysander being her brothers she was familiar with drinking and wasn't lightweighted, unlike her two best friends.

"Will you stop giggling you idiots?! We'll get caught!" she whisper yelled.

After successfully getting them to their rooms without making any more noise, she headed down to the kitchen, only to find and irritated James Potter waiting for her. At this point she knew she was screwed.

"Where the fuck were you?!" he yelled and Aurora was thankful that the kitchen was in the first floor and the bedrooms were in the second.

"I went out" she answered. He doesn't need to know everything, does he? No, it's not his job to wait for me, I'm almost an adult. Merlin he looked hot when he yelled though. Wait no- don't tell him that, she thought.

"I kinda figured this out myself blondie. Where did you go dressed up like this?"

"That's none of your business James. I went out with my best friends had fun and now I'll go to bed, so night" she said and left.

She knew she irritated him more by not giving him answers and living him but she wanted to see his reaction and to her eyes, it was definitely worth it.

James just stared at her as she left and closed the door. He knew she was trying to piss him off and she did it. He was now almost red from the anger. The girl he loved was out, drinking as having fun and he wasn't there. On top off that she didn't answer his questions and left him standing alone in the kitchen at two o'clock in the morning.

It was now five days since the incident and everyone in the Scamander Manor was working. They were preparing for the New years Ball.

Luna was decorating the place and helping the house elves with the cleaning and cooking. Rolph was going through the list with the people that would come and talking with the security guards that would allow people to get inside. Lorcan, Lysander, Albus and James were hanging out, while Chris, Aurora and Lily were taking their time getting ready.

Aurora POV:

"Ok so here's the plan. Chris you go first to shower, then Lily does your hair -don't say no- and I do your makeup. Lily you go shower next and I do your makeup while Chris does your hair. I'll go last and then Chris will do my hair while you, Lily, will do my makeup. Understand?" I ask and they nod their heads.

Two hours later we're all ready and while my two best friends decide to help in the kitchen, I'm going to hang out with the boys.

I knock on Lorcan's door. Yeah...no,i just burst in. They all jump and can I admit how funny it looked.

"I knew I was ugly but dang there was no need to jump" I laughed.

I lay on my brothers bed and the boys stare at me.

"What?"

"What are you doing here?" Lorcan asks

"Well as you can see brother dearest, I got ready and the two idiots went in the kitchens, so I came here" I explain

"Well since you're here, care to explain where were you the night I caught you in the kitchen? " James asks and raises an eyebrow, while the others look at us.

"I told you it's none of your business James, why do you care so much?"

"Well what do you expect me to ask when I see you getting home with my sister and friend all three of you drunk, in two in the morning?"

"Wait, you were drunk?" Lysander asked

"Don't worry Lys, I don't get drunk easily. It was mostly Chrissie and Lils. The idiots were giggling so much, it got to my nerves. Anyway I helped them to their rooms and went to drink some water but found James who was inspecting me"

"Fine don't tell me" he says and I roll my eyes. Yep he definitely saw that because he clenched his jaw. Hehe get that Jamsie

"Yeah I won't tell you. Anyway, you lot are boring so I'm leaving. See you later bitches"

3rd Person POV:

When Aurora left the room, the time was 19:00 pm, meaning everyone was starting to arrive. A while later and the Manor was full of people close to the Scamander Family.

Aurora was now talking with Dominique and Roxanne. She would occasionally steal glances to James, who was talking with hsi friends.

"Jeez girl. Just kiss him already" Roxanne whined. Everyone (including the adults) was waiting for these two, to get together, but none of them seemed to make the first move.

"Not that simple Roxy. I can't go to him and say 'hey, I'll kiss you know, ok?' nor I can go and kiss him out of the blue." Aurora explained

"Well in a minute or two the countdown starts so make sure you're near him. Oh wait here he comes" Domique told her.

"Wha-" she turned around and saw James smiling at her "Hey"

"Hey Rory. Ehm, just wanted to tell you, you look beautiful tonight"

She was blushing Weasley red. Before she could reply, people were starting counting down.

Ten

Nine

"Thanks James. You look pretty good yourself, you know"

Five

Four

Three

Two

One

The lovestruck teenagers leaned in and shared a kiss. It wasn't rough or anything. No, it was sweet and it held the emotions they had for each other. When they pulled away they locked eyes and smiled.

"Happy New year James" she whispered to him

"Happy New year Aurora" he whispered back

They sat in silence, with locked eyes, smiling to each other. They didn't need to say something, they just knew things were about to change between them.
__________________________________

The dress up is the one she wore to the club. The dresses for the ball will be in the next chapter. Also thanks for all these views, I really appreciate it and sorry for the lack of posting, I'll try to post more.

~Kat