(17)

Thank you to everyone who reads/enjoys this story! (Also believe it or not but Alpha Isis is actually the antagonist of the story, everything she does solely benefits her and her only.)

"That's good to hear that he talks about me," Adrianna blushed as she looked down.

"Right, isn't it a good thing he talks about you," Isis smiled at Adrianna in genuinely.

"Are you Alpha Issac's mate by chance?" Luna Astra asked.

Isis looked away from Adrianna and lightly chuckled.

"No, my mate died long ago, Ms. Talia is just someone I genuinely care for," Issac explained with no emotion in his tone.

Everyone around the table gasped including me. It was rare for mates to survive if the other has died off and I had only assumed that Issac never found his mate.

"Well damn, how are you still alive? You must not have been attached to her," Alpha Michael asked.

I noticed he tightened his fist in anger and then relaxed them as Isis shot him a glance.

"I loved my mate with every fiber in my body and I was ready to devote my entire life to that woman. Unfortunately she died during an........attack while giving birth to our child, both her and my son didn't survive," His breath became ragged with desperation as he looked down at the table, unable to make eye contact with anyone.

I watched as Isis slid her hand over to Issac and placed her hand gently on top of his fist and squeezed, careful not to scrape her nails against his flesh. The sight of it angered me but was I any better with Adrianna clinging onto me like some lost child?

I didn't realize I had tensed up so much until I felt Adrianna squeeze my hand. I looked down and also noticed she was staring at Isis and Issac. I looked back over and noticed that the look in Isis's eyes when she stared at Issac wasn't a look of endearment but more of a intimidating expression in her eyes. They both locked eyes for a moment and Issac immediately stopped talking, as if he were silenced.

"I never heard that the Supreme Blood Deity pack was attacked, I'm so sorry for your loss.....maybe that's why you're such a asshole," Alpha Michael said inconsiderately.

I noticed Luna Astra nudged him and turned back to Issac.

"I'm sorry to ask but how did you survive, you must know it's extremely rare for a wolf to survive without their mate so how did you come to terms with it?" Astra asked, curiosity dancing in the pupils of her eyes.

Almost as if she didn't care necessarily about Issac but more about how he got over it.

"I found something to devote my life to, I found another purpose in life and I will do everything in my heart to see it protected. I found someone to give my heart and soul to and that is Ms. Talia, she gave me another reason to continue on living and I will make it so that I see it through," He grabbed her hand tightly as he squeezed it.

She smiled at him, content with his words almost and looked back over at me as she threw a quick wink in my direction before turning away.

Isis didn't seem like the type to keep lovers, she even said so herself that Issac was nothing more than someone to fuck, so why were his words so heartfelt and loving?

"That's cute, now why the fuck are we here? You said you murdered the Golden Light pack right?" Alpha Michael said impatiently as the server placed all of our plates in front of us.

"I'm sorry ma'am did you want to order anything?" The server asked as he approached Isis. She closed her eyes and inhaled deeply and I watched as her nails grew slightly longer and the veins in her arm began to become more prominent.