(11)

'Mommy? Where's Daddy?'

~

I flipped over in bed and reached my arm out to caress her skin but all I felt were sheets. I opened my eyes slowly so that I wouldn't be blinded by the rising sun peeking through the window and noticed I was all alone in the bed. I sat up and looked around the room to see that no one else was in the room except me.

"The last thing I want is to dream about my parents," I mumbled to myself as I stretched my arms and yawned.

That's weird, normally the next morning I would wake up to Adrianna cuddled in my arms or she would already be downstairs making breakfast for me because she was just that considerate. Maybe Isis was downstairs cooking breakfast. I got out of bed and got dressed. I looked around the room to find something that could tell me a little about her but the room was pretty plain. I opened the table side drawer and noticed a gun inside of it.

So she wasn't joking about the gun last night? This woman was really something else.

I tried to look around everywhere else for a clue on who this woman was, a photo, a letter, anything honestly.

No luck.

I walked out to the hallway and noticed another room upstairs on the opposite side. I reached for the handle and tried to open it but it was locked. Next time I come back I'll have to investigate that room, it must be a good reason on why it's locked. I walked down the steps only to realize that I was the only person in the house. No one was in the kitchen looking breakfast or in the living room waiting for me.

This isn't something I'm used to.

I stepped outside and noticed a black car waiting for me.

"Alpha Kaiden, the Alpha has requested we send you back to the pack house," Her guards bowed to me.

"To see her?" I asked.

"To send you back to your room or do whatever you may please," He said as he opened the car door for me.

I got into the car and sighed.

This isn't what I expected at all. We pretty much mated last night and nearly marked each other, I guess I was expecting to cuddle with her or do whatever mates do after a night of the full moon. She definitely was different.

We arrived back to the pack house and I walked back to my room. I took my shirt off and threw it on the bed as I rubbed my face frustrated.

I don't understand at all. We are mates, we both feel the mate pull but yet it seems like she isn't obsessed with me like I am with her, I see her in my dreams. Do I show up in her dreams? There was a knock on the door and I opened it to see Marco standing there with a concerned look on his face.

"Good morning Alpha, can I come in?" He bowed.

"Come on," I mumbled as I walked back to allow him to enter.

"Woah, were you attacked last night Alpha?" I turned around and noticed he referred to my arms and back.

"Yes and no, The Alpha Female did this to me. We got into a altercation during dinner last night and then we had sex last night during the full moon," I explained.

"Holy shit there was a full moon last night, how come you aren't marked yet then?" He looked at my neck with confusion.

"We can't mark each other yet, I know nothing about this woman and what's most important is that I'm willing to bet that she has no interest in becoming a Luna so we need to figure out what will happen to our packs,"

"I've done a bit of exploring around this pack and the way she has everything in order and under control, I find it hard to believe she'll just give it up just like that," Marco shrugged his shoulders.