(24)

"I think I want Taylor and I to sleep in the pack house tonight," Adrianna said as she didn't dare to look me in my eyes as she held Taylor close to her in her arms against her chest.

"Why?" I questioned.

We were sitting in the pack house common area where I forbade anyone from disturbing us as I tried to calm Adrianna and get her back home.

"I don't feel safe with you right now Kaiden, I walk into the bathroom and I see you covered in blood with Vial's body at your feet and your eyes had a twinkle of gold in them, I don't know who you are anymore," Adrianna said as she slightly shook, caressing Taylor's head but keeping her from staring at me.

"Mommy I want to be with daddy," Taylor whispered up to her mother but Adrianna quickly shut her down.

"I need to protect you from Isis, I don't know what she's planning but-"

"I don't want you to protect me anymore, you'll only get us killed and you've done a good job at sealing our fate," She cut me off, not wanting to hear anymore.

"What are you saying?" I questioned, crossing my arms across my chest even though I knew exactly what she was saying.

"I don't want to be your Luna anymore, I don't want to be a part of this pack anymore, I don't want to know that wolves exist I just want to be a normal human again," Silent tears began to flow down her face as she continued staring at the ground.

You can't abandon your position as Luna Adrianna and you know this, you bare my mark and that will make you a part of me and this pack for as long as you live, I explained what you were getting yourself into didn't I?" I said.

"I bare your mark to be a target, I am a part of you until Ms. Isis seals my death and that part you did not explain to me, your true mate wanting to kill me was not part of the agreement!" She raised her shaking voice, trembling with fear as she held onto Taylor tighter.

There was silence between us for a moment. I was unsure of what to say or even sure if anything I said would make things better. It seemed as though the façade that Adrianna and I had up to protect me was shattering before me and it was all my fault.

"You and Taylor will live in the pack house from now on with around the clock protection, you WILL allow me to see my daughter but I understand if you do not wish to see me and I will find a way to remove the mark from you so that hopefully Isis may spare you," I stated before turning around and sighing.

"I hope she breaks you and makes you feel like how I've always felt around you, powerless, weak, a pet by your side who knows nothing of the dangers ahead," I heard her say behind my back.

To say that didn't feel like a knife stabbing through my chest would be a complete lie because that is exactly how I felt. I grew to love Adrianna, spending these few years with her were something special but now it was all shattering and I was unsure of the future ahead of us for anyone really.

To make matters worse my only healer of he pack has been murdered which if word got out could hurt our pack greatly.

"Why are you doing this?" Is all you want me? If I give over myself willingly will you just leave my pack and my family alone?" I called out even though I was trying to speak to Isis in my mind but as I guessed, there was no answer from her.

If it takes for a fucking war to get her attention then it looks like that's what I'll be giving her.

'Meeting in my office immediately,' I sent the mind link out to Nicholas and Marco, we needed to attack Isis before she made the first move on us and my pack. I made my way up the stairs towards my office, thoughts swirling through my mind rapidly causing a growing headache to form in the front of my head, images that were unrecognizable to me, zooming around in my head.