(23)

"That woman, Ms. Talia, she's your mate isn't she?" She asked as she looked me dead in my eyes.

Fuck.

How the fuck did she come to that conclusion? The world was spinning all around as the images around me became blurry and unclear, there was white noise filling my ears. This was what I needed, this was exactly what I needed but this wasn't the way I wanted it to go. I wanted it to be easier on Adrianna and her fragile human heart... no what I wanted was to make it easier on myself but I guess the Moon Goddess had other plans for me.

"Vial, leave us for a moment," I ordered.

"Yes my Alpha," She bowed her head in respect as she quickly exited out of the room.

I carefully walked over to her bedside as I sat at the edge of the bed, taking her delicate hand into mine as I caressed the back of her hand with my thumb.

"She's beautiful Kaiden, it only make sense that the Moon Goddess would pair you both together," A half smile disappeared just as quick as it did appear on her face, a saddened expression lingering deep within her eyes.

I was unsure of what to say, how to even respond, it would do more damage if I just lied but just about how much damage would it cause if I continued to speak.

"I noticed the way you both looked at each other with so much adoration. She had a look in her eyes as if you were always hers and that I was just in the way of what was truly hers, I guess if you think about it I am in her way and she has every right to hate me. I'm basically nothing compared to her," She sighed heavily as she removed her grip from mine and looked away.

"Don't talk down about yourself like that Adrianna," I growled.

"I am a half human with a heavily suppressed wolf spirit...but that does not make me an idiot Kaiden. I have been by your side for all these years and after your sister told me that I wasn't your mate it didn't take me long to connect the pieces together. Why did you drag me along with you all these years? Having a child with a woman who isn't even your mate? Ms. Talia must be livid to know Taylor and I exist," She snapped at me.

Well she wasn't wrong unfortunately.

"I- after a certain amount of years it is expected for an Alpha to find his Luna to help me with the pack only I didn't find my mate, at the time my parents were still alive and they were applying heavy pressure on the fact that I still had no Luna to the point where they forced me to find a human girl or at least a half breed to trick into being my Luna and that was when you came in. You were the perfect cover, the perfect person to fool and of course not long after, I killed them," I explained.

"I can't feel my wolf, I was raised by humans, I don't know the history or rules of being a werewolf so I was the perfect idiot," She chuckled.

"You were a mask that's all, but it doesn't change the fact that I've grown to love you and the fact that you bear my mark and have given me my first born pup," I tried to reassure her.

"A painful mark that I don't deserve to have on my neck, what does this mean for us then?" She turned to me as she sat up to look me deep in my eyes, an emotion I wasn't quite used to looking at in her eyes.

I paused for a moment, thinking clearly about the words I wanted to say, making sure this was the right thing to do but at this point it would be no purpose to lie, we were too far in to lie about anything anymore.

"I have to protect you no matter what because Isis means to kill you both so I have to do whatever it takes to make sure that doesn't happen," I urged, resting my hand on her back to help her sit up and comfort her.