Stupid Birds

"But Dromos, Lucifer said 'no more possession'!" A demon said.

     "Relax Squee, I'll just pop up for a few minutes and see what's going on." The other demon, Dromos, said. "Maybe I'll be able to bring him home."

     The now named Squee looked nervous. "Alright then."

     Dromos disappeared in the blink of an eye. Instead of possessing a dead human body, like he thought he would, he instead found himself in a dark cavern. There was a hole that seemed to be bottomless beneath him. Somehow, he was floating.

     A voice could be heard coming from the endless pit. "Yes. Yes, you'll do nicely."

LINE BREAK

     Percy was confused. How could a poison from Hell be used on Earth? The only ones that had access to it were Percy, Zoë, and the other demons in Hell. So unless there was a traitor, well, no one else could get their hands on it.

     All this went through his head as he walked to the big house to see Chiron. He was walking up the stairs when he noticed a change from the previous year. Sitting next to Dionysus, where Chiron usually sat, was a man in an orange prison jumpsuit. Cruelty shone in the man's eyes.

     "You." Percy said scathingly. He knew all about Tantalus. The man who tried to get back at the gods by feeding them his own children. He almost made it to Hell, but Hades called dibs on him.

     "Who are you?" The man asked.

     "Someone who would've received you in the afterlife if Hades didn't call dibs on you. Shame too, the queen had some very interesting ideas she wanted to try." Percy said, his eyes glowing a fiery red.

     The man and wine god unconsciously shifted back in their chairs, causing Percy to smirk. The horrible duo then regained their wits. "Oh, yes, watch out for this one. Nothing but an arrogant prick in my ass." Dionysus said.

     "Would you like to see the tortures of Hell?" Percy asked, very sweetly. "I bet Mazikeen would have fun with you. She's always wanted to torture a god."

     Dionysus involuntarily flinched.

     "Where's Chiron?" Percy asked, finally having enough with the useless threats, and getting to the reason he came to the big house in the first place.

     "Gone." Tantalus said.

     "Where did he go?" Percy said, his patience straining.

     "I don't know, Florida?" Dionysus

     "Why did he leave?"

     "He was fired." Dionysus said nonchalantly.

     "He was WHAT?!" Percy yelled, eyes glowing red.

     Before anything could get worse, the dinner horn sounded.

     I stand corrected. Things got even worse during dinner. Tyson got claimed, son of Poseidon, that actually wasn't that bad since they already knew. The bad part was that the Ares kids started teasing Percy. And after that Tantalus decided to reinstate the chariot races.

     In the days leading up to the chariot race, tensions rode high. Percy and Tyson were subjected to more bullying, not that it bothered them personally. It more so pissed them off that they would bully them based on relatives. By that logic, the Ares kids should've been bullied because they were siblings to the Ismesian dragon.

     But, I digress. The day of the chariot was a weird one. There were birds that seemed to have celestial bronze beaks instead of keratin. Percy and Tyson made their ways to their chariot to start the race.

     Within the 1st 10 seconds of the race, the Apollo and Hermes chariots were out of the race. Their woven baskets burned with Greek fire, courtesy of the Hephaestus cabin. The golden horses of the Apollo cabin decided to have revenge and ran the Hephaestus cabin off of the track.

     Percy and Tyson were in 2nd place when the birds decided to attack. They swarmed the audience members, nipping at any exposed skin. "Bloody hell." Percy cursed under his breath.

     He tried to remember what these birds were. Stymphalian birds. Percy cursed even more. Of course he had to see the same things that the person who hurt his wife. How did the douche get rid of them?

     Bad music. Just so happens that he had a whole room full of bad music. But only if Chiron didn't get rid of his CD's.

     Percy turned the reins of the chariot to ride to the big house. Tyson said something about going the wrong way, to which Percy responded with, "Always."

     When they arrived at the big house, Percy ran upstairs to what was once Chiron's room. And sitting on the nightstand, was what Percy was looking for. Dean Martin's Greatest Hits. With a boom box to suit. Percy grabbed the boom box as well as CD's.

     He ran downstairs to the chariot and drove it to the track. He put in the CD and pressed play. The sound of guys moaning in italian was enough to make the birds stop their attack, giving the Apollo kids the opportunity to kill the birds.

     "Well, I think we all know who won this race." Tantalus said. "Clarisse!"

     That night they ate fried bird. Tasted like it came from Tartarus. Percy almost decided to start a restaurant based on that idea, but decided against it.

     Percy was headed back to his cabin for the night. He laid in his bed, trying to rest, but he couldn't get the thought of Grover being in trouble, out of his head.