Is He?

"Has Dad ever visited Earth before?" Percy asked, a glass of bourbon in his hand.

     "Not that I'm aware of. Besides, why would he do so now?" Amenadiel said.

     They were in Lux's penthouse, discussing if the man was God or not. As soon as Percy prayed to him, Amenadiel showed up. He sat on the couch, while Percy poured himself a drink.

     "Maybe because I'm trying to assemble the Flaming Sword, which can cut through anything, even reality itself. Maybe he doesn't want me to have that kind of power."

     "Even so Luci, that's not the way dad operates. If he has a problem, he sends an emissary, like me. Or maybe, a burning bush."

     "No, that was me." Percy muttered, just low enough for Amenadiel to not hear him. "Well, I guess the only way to find out is to ask him."

     "And how are we going to do that? Sneak into a mental hospital?"

LINE BREAK

     Percy walked up the stairs to an information desk. The attendant behind the counter was reading a file.

     "Hello there." Percy said, greeting the attendant. "I'd like a suite for the evening, please. Preferably one with a view."

     "Sir, this is a psychiatric hospital."

     "Apologies, I'm skipping ahead. Uh, I am the one and only, Lucifer Morningstar."

     The guy just stared at Percy.

      "The Devil? Dark lord? For goodness sake. Beelzebub! Look, I clearly need to be committed right away."

     "Yeah, we're at near capacity, pal. So unless you're a danger to yourself or others-"

     He didn't get to finish, as Percy reached under the glass and pulled the collar of his shirt. He pulled, smashing the guy's face against the glass. "How's that?"

     "Great."

     "Lovely."

LINE BREAK

     Percy walked through the halls. He looked through the windows until he found the right room. He opened the door and walked inside. He shut the door behind him.

     "Well. Hello God."

     "Hello, my son."

    The man in front of Percy was a bearded man, wearing jeans, a belt, an undershirt ,with a button-up shirt on top. His hair was brown, and his face screamed kindness.

     "Right. I suppose that would be the standard way to greet your children. Nice touch."

     "What can I do for ya?"

     "Well, it's what I can do for you that's exciting. See, I can reveal the truth about the supreme being you've chosen to impersonate. I bet you wanted to be God because he's benevolent, or all powerful, yadda yadda. But, in actual fact, he's a dick."

     "Look. If you want to be angry with me, you just go right on ahead. I can be, anything you need me to be." God put his hand on Percy's shoulder.

     Percy shook it off. "Alright, enough of this idle chit-chat. Time to tell me what this charade is really about. What do you desire? Hm? To avoid a vengeful ex-wife? Years of back taxes? What's your game?"

     Percy stared into God's eyes. "Is this a staring contest? You know, I'm pretty good at those."

     "How is this possible?"

     "Oh, right. Yes. I bet you're on some really amazing drugs, aren't you? If so, sharesies?"

     A worker walked in. "You're not supposed to be in here."

     "Nevermind. I was done with this fraud anyway."

     Percy turned and started walking out. Before he walked out, God said something.

     "It was real good seeing you Samael."

     Percy paused in his tracks. He turned back around. "What did you just say?"

     God was glowing with an aura of gold light. He was smiling softly.

     "Dad?"

LINE BREAK

     Percy walked past a dead body. "What the fuck is that?"

     A police officer answered. "A murder."

     "Well, yeah. But what happened?"

      "Strangled to death."

     "Hm. Horrible. Who's your main suspect?"

     "A resident named God Johnson."

LINE BREAK

     It was night, and Percy was walking around, bored. Being in a mental hospital wasn't as fun as he thought it would be. The conversations still replaying in his head. Could that man really be his father? And if he was, why was he killing people? Like, it wouldn't be the 1st time, with that flood and all, but still.

     He turned down one hall and saw God strangling a woman with his hand.

     Percy rushed into the room, and burst open the door. "Ah HA! Of course! You're the murderer."

     God didn't respond, and kept his hand on the woman's neck.

     "Right, suppose I should thwart you now." He walked over to the two. "Off to jail =, cowboy."

     He turned God around, and the woman fell to the floor.

     "No, please. I have to save her."

     God rushed back down, and laid his hands on her neck.

     "What do you mean, save her?"

     God looked to be concentrating. Percy looked intently at what the man was doing. Blood started to go back into the woman's cut that was on her neck. Her eyes shot open, and God jumped back.

     The cut closed really quickly after that.

     Percy turned to the man. He was looking a little tired, and was looking around, dazed.

     "It really is you."

A/N. OOH, cliffhanger. I hope you enjoyed it. It was shorter, but that's because I wanted to end it there, and it's my book, so, yea.

Anyways, I'll mention it again, because I'm pretty sure some people who read this book aren't following me. I've started writing the last few chapters, so that way, when we get to that point, I won't have forgotten what was supposed to happen. So you guys will get at least 4 chapters all at once. (or I could just drop them on different days. Your choice.)

I have a discord server, you can find the link on my message board. It's just a place where we can talk. I also put some sneak peeks up there if you're into that.

Anyways, I hope you beautiful people are having a great day (or night).

Thoughts?