There Is No Dam Joke

"Alright, you owe us. What's going on with you and Percy? We know you're doing something." Thalia asked.

      Zoë sighed. She reached into her back pocket and pulled out a ring. She put it on her left hand. She smiled thinly, and did a 'ta-daa' gesture.

     "I wasn't expecting that." Grover said.

     "YOU GUYS ARE MARRIED?!" Thalia yelled out.

     "Yeah. I'm his wife." Zoë said.

     "Since when?!" Thalia asked, more composed.

     "Like 2 millenia ago, I don't know for sure." Zoë said.

     "You married the Devil?!" Thalia asked.

     "I mean, I'm a demon, so it's not that weird."

     "YOU'RE A DEMON!?" Thalia asked.

     Zoë smiled, and revealed her half corpse face.

     A large force knocked Grover and Thalia back. When they got up they saw Percy kneeling with his wings around him. His skin seemed to be slightly burned. He was breathing heavily.

     Percy didn't say anything, but just got up, took out the corvette, and got in. He lit a cigarette, and waited for everyone to get in. Zoë was first, her face back to normal. Thalia and Grover got in the back.

     They drove until they reached a dead end. Of course, with their luck, the dead end was a huge canyon. It was the only interesting thing as far as a mortal eye could see, unless you were a geologist, then your dick would be rock hard.

     "There's a path over there." Grover said, pointing to tiny ledges leading down a cliff.

    "Grover, that's a goat path." Percy deadpanned.

     "So?"

     "We aren't goats." Thalia said, paler than usual.

     "We'll find another path, come on." Zoë said.

     They walked along the canyon edge for about half an hour before coming across a much easier path. There was even a canoe rental that was closed for the season at the bottom. They walked down and stopped at the little shack. Percy left a couple of Benjamin's, because, "It's only money.".

     They got some help from some naiads, who pushed their canoes upstream. The one pushing Percy and Zoë splashed Zoë every time she got a chance.

     "They haven't forgiven you yet?" Percy asked.

     Zoë shook her head. "No."

    "You know where we have to go, don't you?"

     Zoë nodded. "My old home."

LINE BREAK

     They reached the end of the river. And it was a dam. Hoover dam. People were walking at the top. They looked so small, like fleas. Of course, humans were small in general, when compared to the size of the universe. They were insignificant.

     But archangels weren't. If a fight broke out between 2 archangels, the results would be disastrous. That was one of the reasons that Percy decided to do a peaceful rebellion. Percy sometimes wished he was mortal, at least, he could do whatever he wanted without huge consequences. 

     They walked for about an hour before finding a path that led them up to the road. Percy decided against using his wings. As we all remember, the last time Percy used his wings in public, people started freaking out. There were still debates on reddit about if it was real or a hoax.

    Percy liked reading those.

     There was a pair of angels that were having their feet rubbed by a group of tourists. Percy looked at the inscription.

Michael, guardian of Hoover Dam

     "You've got to be bloody kidding." Percy muttered. Zoë looked at him, then at the inscription. As soon as she read it, she understood. She started to rub his back, soothing him.

     "All right, let's find a parking lot or something, and drive away from here." Thalia said.

     They drove for 9 hours and 10 minutes, and they just reached San Francisco. They still had another 35 minutes to drive. Percy felt some more power come back to him, mid drive, so he sped up time slightly. Just to make the trip seem faster.

     Because honestly, he just wanted to end the quest, and take Zoë on a date. He had been thinking of taking her to the Santa Monica pier. Maybe trying some of this cotton candy that he heard so much about.

     In no time, his wife's old home loomed in front of him.

A/N. Now, I know this was a shorter chapter, but the next one is going to be the last one of Arc 3. At least, I'm pretty sure. I also know that this took a while to come out with this. (Even though I'm still technically ahead of schedule.) That's because of the band AU I have been working on. At the time of writing this author's note it's at 6,535 words. Longest one shot yet, and it's not even done. It might surpass that one Watching Supernatural chapter which was somewhere in the 8,000's.

But anyways, I don't know when the next chapter will come out, since I have some ideas for it that are actually the whole reason I wanted to write this story. I want to do those ideas justice.

Thoughts?