Final Battle Part 2

"Well, you figured it out." Michael said in his dickish accent.

    "I mean come on, an Angel was aiding them? It was just a process of elimination. Since the rest of our siblings pretty much hate humanity, only you would resort to using them for your plans. The only thing I don't know, is what those plans are."

     Michael was silent for a minute. "I guess you'll never know, Samael."

    "Trying to get under my skin, brother."

    "Well, if all it takes is a name."

     Percy laughed.

     "Oh, right. You're so above it, I forgot. If only we could all be as cool as you." Michael said.

     "Sarcasm? Trying to bring me down? Isn't that the whole trick you pulled our entire lives? You wanted everyone to think that you were the cleverer one, the big brain but, it's only ever been about me. You always thought too small."

     "Not like you, right? Lucifer the Rebel. Deciding you can do a better job than father."

     "And there go your lies again! Twisting the story from what it really is! WE peacefully protested, and you betrayed me. You lied, and I fell! And now you're telling the story as if I led a war, and you stopped me in combat. And if I remember correctly, I beat your ass so bad they put you in the infirmary."

     "Well, it turns out when your twin is the Lightbringer, you have no choice but to live in the shadows."

     "We were dealt the same hand, the same face, the same bloody shoulders, except you had a chip on yours so large you managed to self actualize it." Percy said, imitating Michael's jacked up shoulder. "You have no one but yourself to blame for who you are."

     "I blame you plenty. But it won't matter when I'm God."

    "And there it is. Your master plan."

    Michael realized he screwed up. Big time.

     "So, how's that going for you Michael? Overthrowing Dad? I mean, it seems like your entire plan has been brewing since the beginning. Maybe, you were hoping that when you told Dad your lies, and he sided with you, I would fight him. I mean, I am impulsive. And if I won, you would fight me, thinking that you would win, leaving you to be God. But if I lost, no skin off your back, because you still reported my 'crimes'. Leaving you to be in the line for a promotion. I must say, very thought out."

     Michael was looking angrier by the second. He sprinted at Percy, and threw a right hook. Percy blocked it, and stared into Michael's furious eyes. Michael brought his arm back, and took a step back.

     "I don't know why you're complaining, Lucifer. You got your own kingdom as a reward for bad behavior."

     On the other side of the room, Zoë's eyes widened. Michael just hit a sore spot.

    Percy just stared at him. "Is that how you see it? Being forced to torture souls for hundreds of thousands of years was an atta boy. Sure, I was king of Hell, but I was still in HELL! If that's not a poisoned chalice, I don't know what is. The only thing that made it even remotely worth it was Zoë." Percy's voice turned venomous near the end. "You have no idea what that was like, how easy you had it."

     "Easy? And here is the reason that I will be God. I know pain. I have to share a face with you."

     "And I have to with you, but you don't see me complaining about that!" Percy paused. "What happened to you Michael. We created things together. When did you become like this?"

     Michael's eyes turned a little sympathetic. "When I realized that you stood in the way."

     Michael's face instantly hardened. He ran at Percy. A longsword appeared in his hand. The blade gleamed white, while the hilt was made of gold. Percy brought out Riptide and Amenadiel's necklace. He inserted the final piece and ignited the Flaming Sword.

     The blades clashed together, embers of flame falling to the ground. They separated, forms looking like they had been fighting since the dawn of time. Michael rushed forward, and slashed at Percy only to be blocked.

     Percy slashed across Michael's chest, only for him to jump back. Where the blade had sliced the air, a rip in the universe appeared. The brothers looked at it wide eyed, before Michael ducked under it, and charged at his twin.

     The Archangels clashed blades once again. The force of their strikes started to leave cracks in Michael's sword. The blades met again, leaving bigger cracks. Every strike, every block, left another damaging sign on the sword. Chunks started falling off, leaving the sword on it's last inches of life.

     One final strike caused an explosion that blasted the 2 fighters off their feet. The Flaming Sword flew out of Percy's hands. It landed near Michael, who had landed near the rubble that was once Kronos' throne. Percy flew back and hit his head on a column with enough force to kill any mortal. It was enough to disorient him.

     Michael got up and saw the Flaming Sword laying, waiting to be used. He picked it up and grinned like a maniac. He stalked over to Percy who was regaining his bearings. Percy was seeing stars, before they cleared. He looked forward to see his twin wielding the only weapon that could eradicate them.

     He looked up to face his father one final time, before his eyes caught sight of something. Zoë's knife...

     Zoë looked on worriedly at the state Percy was in. Artemis came up to her. "Shouldn't we help him?"

     Zoë shook her head. "We can't do a damn thing."

     "Why? It's a fight, and I can take him." Ares said.

     Zoë turned to the stupid brute, but Apollo spoke up before she could.

     "We can't. The fight has been prophesied for millennia. Interrupting would have dire consequences."

    "Do we know who wins?" Zeus asked.

    Zoë shook her head. "We only know that it happens. Though, it does say that good will prevail."

    Apollo nodded. "That's why every interpretation of this fight has Michael winning. But if we look, it could be either of them."

    Michael had reached Percy. His grin was threatening to split his face in half. He brought the sword up for an overhead strike. He brought the sword down, only to be stopped by a demon blade held in ice pick grip.

    Percy pushed up and pushed Michael back. He rose to his feet, blood leaking from his mouth. Michael looked kind of impressed. It didn't matter though, as he pointed the Flaming Sword in Percy's direction.

     "Come on. It's pointless."

    Percy just brandished the knife. Michael charged, because he's impaitient as fuck. He slashed at Percy, who ducked. A portal formed where it had sliced through the hair.

     Percy jumped back as Michael slashed again. Everytime the Flaming Sword didn't hit anything, another rip formed. Black lines ended and started randomly all throughout the throne room. Opening and closing randomly, made it hard to see what was happening.

     Percy smashed with his knife, trying to push Michael back. Luckily, Michael fell for it, and kept retreating. When he was right where Percy wanted him, Percy lunged at his twin. The 2 tumbled back through a rip in the universe.

    The rip closed behind them, leaving the brothers trapped in a universe of nothing.