Chapter 7

"C'mon... I can do it..."

It was currently nine in the morning in the Loud's home. While normally Lincoln would be sleeping in or simply doing his online schoolwork, something else had caught his attention during these last few days. Ever since Venus started to live with the Louds, she helped him get used to his new powers slowly to ease him into the process of being her new champion.

Venus mostly eased him into the magic side of things. Currently, he learned how to shoot what seemed to be purple energy balls and beams out of his hands and could make things levitate as well. One thing he needed to learn on his own was his mutation ability with the alien saying that mastering both is ideal and necessary for the future, however cryptic that may be.

But the Loud wasn't focusing on any of that. Currently, he was doing some practice with his mutation abilities with the most basic example to summon tentacles out of his body. In front of him was his coffee table with a few soda cans lined up. Lincoln closed his eyes and breathed, trying to focus, hoping he could pull this off. His right hand was held up in front of him, concentrating on simply growing a few tentacles to grow out of his wrists.

"Breathe... Think... You can do this. You can... do this..."

After a few seconds, Lincoln felt an odd tingle in his hands, he slowly crept his eyes open to see an odd yet exciting sight. Out of his wrists were a set of small white tendrils, slightly wiggling in place and looking for something to grab on to. A large giddy grin appeared on his face at the sight. Sure it might look weird but given how Lincoln has gotten to know an alien space goddess, he was used to it by now.

"Ok! Got them to grow out! Now I just need to use them correctly. First things first, getting that soda," Lincoln said, looking at the cans of soda on his table. He smirked and reached his hands out, hoping the tendrils on his wrists would shoot out and grab the soda, only for them to stay in place. "Huh. Uh... Maybe if I turn my arm a bit and whip my hand out? Something like Spiderman or something."

On attempt two, Lincoln tried the same thing, just putting his arm in a different position, this being upside down. He reached it out again, this time with success with the tendrils to extend out and latch onto the purple soda can and retract to Lincoln's hand. "Yes! It worked! Sweet victory!"

The teen opened up the soda can and proudly chugged it all down. Once it was all gone, Lincoln placed the soda can right back onto the table, ready to try out his next move. But before he could continue, the door to his bedroom opened which startled him, making him slip and fall onto his couch.

"Hello, Lincoln. I did not expect you to be up so early."

Lincoln slowly got up and looked at who just came in, seeing that it was Venus. He sighed, thankful that no one else saw him with the tendrils sticking out of his hands. In Venus's hands were two plates full of breakfast. He licked his lips in hunger when he smelled eggs, sausage, bacon, and even more eggs. "Morning Venus! Did you make these?"

"Correct. I decided to try more of these human activities and I decided to use the machine with heat pads on it. I believe it's called a stove. Your sister with the blonde hair showed me how to use it," Venus said. "Hm... Lenk, was it?"

"Her name is Leni."

"No difference to me," Venus said, shrugging her shoulders. She walked over to the table Lincoln was at and placed a plate down for him. Lincoln nodded as thanks and began eating the meal. Venus noticed the three soda cans on the table along with the fact that two of them were still full. "Were you doing anything with these cans?"

"Oh right. I was trying to practice with my powers and got these to grow out on my own!" Lincoln said, holding up his arm to show Venus the tendrils sticking out of her wrists. She simply stared at the boy and gave a slight clap to show she was impressed, well that's what Lincoln guessed. It was hard to tell what Venus was thinking with her constant blank or judging stare. "And now, I'm going to try something I've been working on!"

"What is it?"

"Oh! An attack! I saw it in one of my manga and thought I could recreate it. Just need to... focus..."

Lincoln held his right hand openly with his fingers shaped in a gun formation pointed at one of the soda cans on the table. He focused his energy, causing his arm to glow a slight purple with his fingertips glowing a bright white. Lincoln made a shooting motion with his finger, causing something to shoot out and slice the soda cans in half all at once. Lincoln held his hand in triumph and slight pain as whatever shot out of his hand left a burning feeling. "Yes! It worked! Hell yeah!"

"Hm. What exactly did you do?" Venus said. She picked up one of the sliced-up soda cans and inspected it, seeing that it had a small, flat thing with incredibly sharp ends. From Venus's understanding, this looked like a human fingernail. She had to give the Loud some props on creativity. Who knew shooting your fingernail out could seem so dangerous? "Impressive work, Lincoln. Keep it up and you'll rise to the top of the food chain very soon."

"Aww. Well, thanks for the compliment! Now I... Shoot. Where are they?" Lincoln said, suddenly getting down to the ground looking for something, prompting Venus to give a very confused look to him.

"May I ask what you're looking for?"

"My contacts. I need them to see better. My vision isn't that great anymore and I need them to see," Lincoln told Venus, who simply nodded.

The goddess didn't think he would have any problems with his body after he had been assimilated, truth be told so she didn't most likely didn't bother to take one last look beforehand. She facepalmed in her mind from her own impatience but felt that it was too late to change anything. Any other changes might as well render him blind. She decided to look on the floor but found nothing that would seem to be a contact.

"Shoot... They must have fallen out or something when I shot my nail out. Great. They were my last pair as well," Lincoln said, groaning in annoyance. He walked over to his desk and opened the drawer to get out a small black case. Once opened, he got out a small thin pair of black wireframe glasses and put them on. "I guess these will do."

"Ah. So those are your glasses. I must admit, they do look nice on you," Venus told him, getting a blush and a smile out of the Loud. "Oh. Shouldn't you be doing your... schoolwork? I don't much care for human education but I assume it's important to you."

"Oh right. I have a day off from it. But tomorrow I'm actually heading to my school for a day as a sort of check-up. See how things are, what my grades look like, all that stuff."

"Seems... understandable. But why do you have to continue your education here? Are you a social outcast?"

"Heh. I wouldn't be surprised if I was by now. But it's a long story so I'll explain it later. For now, I need to get ready for today's chores and stuff. My mom wants me to get food for tonight," Lincoln said, getting out some clothes to change into.

"Hm. Is there any way I could accompany you to your school tomorrow? It could provide an interesting chance to learn more about human interaction."

"Sorry Veen, but only students and employees are allowed on campus. You'll just need to stay home for tomorrow unless you find a way to become an employee or something. But we can still hang out after school! I promise!" Lincoln said, reassuring Venus of the plans for tomorrow.

The alien goddess shrugged and left the room to give Lincoln some privacy while he changed. As she walked down the hall, she started to form a plan. She silently walked to the elevator and got out her phone and looked up Lincoln's school and looked around for any open spots. Her curiosity had peaked and she wanted to know what this school was like, even if it was only to learn more about human interaction than anything.

"Tomorrow shouldn't be too taxing. I can handle anything. But for now, I need to do anything to make it far on this planet, even if it sounds... odd for someone like me."

(A small chapter but one I think is good. Simply a setup chapter that shows Lincoln's powers and shows what might happen in the next chapter!) The next chapter is going to be fun with the antics Venus is going to get herself into. Hope you enjoyed it, and see you next time!)