Chapter 1

The Earth had been a lot of trouble lately. And quite frankly, it still is. Monsters keep appearing from out of nowhere. S-class heroes keep them at bay, but the lower A, B, and C-class heroes are still not provided with real challenges, preventing them from rising in their hero status. Not that they care. If a C-class hero were to fight against a real monster, then they would have quite the challenge to face.

But in the world of heroes anything is possible. For a hero with incredible power that can't be outmatched by anyone, a hero who doesn't do it for the glory or the fame, has made his debut many years ago. And yet he has yet to receive recognition for any of his actions. But this hero did not strive to to become one just to get famous. It's his hobby. He does it for fun. This hero's name is: Saitama. Or the Caped Baldy as he is registered as in the Hero Association data banks.

But we all know him as: One Punch Man.

Saitama walked through the crowded streets of City-Z, the wind blowing against his bald head, his cape flapping ever so graciously. The hero had to admit, even after the attack of Lord Boros and his alien crew, he still felt bored. There was absolutely nothing to do. He had taken out all of the monsters that appeared in the city after the invasion, but he still felt empty inside. Kind of what he always felt like to be honest. Perhaps it's irony? He wanted to become the strongest hero, a hero with the ability to defeat villains with just one punch. He got his wish after his intense training schedule... but in the end, was it all worth it?

He had a disciple—one he accidently took on as a one, mind you— but still; it was nice having him around. Genos had his own reasons for wanting to become stronger. Saitama truly wondered what would happen if Genos and the cyborg that destroyed his home-town would finally face each other. He had a feeling Genos would unleash every bit of his power, to an extent that could probably turn out to be his eventual death. Sure, he could be rebuilt every time he had taken a good beating like he always had. But what if he couldn't be fixed anymore? What would become of him then?

Saitama audibly sighed as he walked past several people on his way to the local supermarket, none of them recognizing who he was. He paid them little attention. He was used to it, after all. All the S-class heroes have their own fan club, fangirls, and lots of money. What did he have? A crappy apartment which he struggles to pay rent for. But at least he has a roof over his head. So maybe life wasn't all that bad.

Memories flooded back into his mind. His struggle to become the strongest hero. The many friends he made and the many monsters he defeated along the way. It started with a few punches. But they became less and less until he finally defeated a monster with just one punch. His enthusiasm could not be described at that moment. Those three years of training finally payed off!

But now? Well... he just didn't care anymore. Enthusiasm was a concept he could not wrap his mind around anymore. Although he had felt a small feeling of excitement when Boros made his debut.

"Excuse me, sir?"

"Huh?" Saitama said, shaking out of his thoughts. He looked around, trying to find the source of the voice who just asked him something.

"Down here."

Saitama looked down, only to see a little girl stand in front of him. "Oh." he said.

"Could you tell me where I can find the supermarket?"

"Of course. I'm heading there too. It's that-.

Saitama's reply was cut off when the ground underneath him started shaking. The little girl that stood in front of him tripped, but grabbed hold of Saitama's legs, preventing herself from hitting the ground as she looked up at the B-class hero in shock. Saitama just had a blank expression on his face as he watched the ground crack underneath them. Taking two steps backwards while in the process swooping the girl up and putting her on his shoulders, he watched as the entire ground cracked wide open, revealing a giant gaping hole. Saitama walked towards the hole, placing the girl on the ground. The girl quickly ran away, thanking the hero. Saitama looked down the hole in slight curiosity.