Chapter 10

Saitama looked down at the grass-covered fields of the forest. Scratching the back of his head, the hero put his hands in his pockets as landed on a nearby tree branch. Leaning against the tree and stiffening a yawn, the hero looked around him.

"Where are they?" Saitama asked himself. He had not expected himself to get lost, since he saw a green flare that had probably been fired by one of the members of the Special Operations Squad. Crossing his arms as he pushed himself off the tree, the hero jumped off the humongous branch and landed on another branch. Looking down once more, he noticed the same soldier he had met just minutes ago soar through the forest, using her 3D maneuver gear in a ways he had only seen a couple of other people do. Raising an eyebrow, the hero decided to follow the female soldier instead.

Jumping off the branch and landing on the ground, creating a large crater as the ground underneath him cracked wide open, sending pieces of dirt, grass, and wood flying in all directions. The noise, however, got the female soldier to cock her head backwards. Saitama, being the nice guy, waved at her while running after her, leaving behind a trail of dust and as he quickly caught up with the soldier. "Hey, do you know where to find the Special Operations Squad?" he asked her. 'Play dumb, Saitama. Just play dumb.' He thought to himself.

The female soldier turned her head, ignoring the Caped Baldy completely as she increased her usage of gas.

"Did she not hear me?" Saitama asked himself. Shrugging, he jumped up once more, this time almost colliding with the soldier he was following.

"What the hell?!" the soldier exclaimed in shock as she quickly shortened her gas usage. "What do you think you're doing?" she asked him.

"I thought you didn't hear my question." Saitama replied sheepishly, rubbing the back of his head. "So, you want to find the Special Operations Squad together?" he asked.

The soldier gritted her teeth. This man was getting on her nerves. Perhaps she should transform and teach him a lesson. Smirking to herself as she looked down at the ring around her index finger, she looked at the Caped Baldy. She stopped what she was doing, however, when she saw a familiar face appear a few feet behind of Saitama. "Eren," she whispered. Looking at Saitama, she maneuvered herself around him and shot her cables towards two other trees. "I'm coming for you, Eren."

"Wait up!" Saitama said as he quickly ran after her. Muttering to himself about how stupid this was, the hero decided to jump up one more time. It was only after a few seconds that Saitama realized he had jumped a tad bit too early... thus accidentally jumping into the soldier. Feeling his head make contact with something soft and round, Saitama quickly grabbed hold of the soldier's legs as she simply stared down at him in complete shock. "That... was not on purpose, I swear!" Saitama quickly apologized. "I respect your personal boundaries, madam."

"That's it!" the soldier exclaimed in anger and frustration as she tried to kick Saitama off her legs. "H-Hey, let go, you idiot! You'll drag us both down!" she demanded.

"I can't, I'm stuck on something and I really don't want to rip my suit." Saitama replied, looking up at her with a sheepish look planted on his face. "Can't you just land? I swear I'll leave you to yourself."

The soldier was about to reply, until she suddenly felt her speed decrease dramatically. Turning her head backwards, she noticed she was running out of gas. 'Damnit,' she thought to herself, taking quick glances between her and Saitama. 'Should I just transform and get this over with?'

Pondering on what would be the right decision, the soldier did not notice the humongous tree she and the man who was hanging from her legs were closing in on.

"Look out, big tree!" Saitama exclaimed as he simply tugged at her right leg, swiftly dethatching her 3D maneuver gear's cables and spinning her around. Sighing to himself as he noticed he had damaged his suit; the hero quickly held the soldier to his chest to prevent her from falling to her death and jumped from one tree to another. "Listen." he said, looking down at the soldier whose hood had been blown off by the amount of power Saitama had used to spin her around. "As much as you probably want to find the Special Operations Squad all by yourself, I think it's for the best if we stick together."