Chapter 15

It had been a long and tiresome day for the members of the Survey Corps. After the successful expedition and capture of the female Titan everyone was overjoyed at the fact they were going to be able to spend two whole days within the interior of Wall Sina. Many of the rich nobles in Wall Sina often looked down upon the "lower class" citizens form the exterior walls. Even when they heard about the Titan shifter: Eren Yeager and his shifting abilities they only thought of the worst possible outcome.

Titans within their walls, ready to devour all of them without regret or remorse...

"Everyone evacuate into the lower levels of the Wall! That is the safest spot to be right now!" Instructed a MP Officer, who looked just as frightened as the citizens he was literally ordering to get to safety. 'Damnit, damn it all to hell!' he thought to himself as he heard the screams of terror run through his mind over and over again. Mere minutes ago, he had witnessed a family of five crushed by a piece of concrete—presumably from one of the houses the Female Titan had destroyed.

Speaking of the Female Titan. She was still running rampant through the city, destroying buildings and fending off dozens of soldiers—often if not anytime killing all who stood in her way. The MP Officer turned to the recently graduated trainee squad he had been ordered to keep an eye on. "Everyone." He began, swallowing his fear. "F-Four of you will go with these people and protect them with your lives! The remaining two of you will follow me! We're going to find the Captain and regroup with the main force!" he ordered. "Zach, Friede, you to follow me! You wanted action, now you're getting a good dose of it! Move out!" he ordered.

The two graduates in question, Zach and Friede, looked at their comrades before nodding to themselves and using the 3DMG to reel themselves upward and propel into the direction their commanding officer was heading. They took one last glance back at their friends, who had already begun escorting the group of citizens to the lower levels. Friede sighed, and Zach could only join her and shook his head.

"Can you believe it?" Zach asked. "A Titan. Here, in our city. What are the odds, right?"

"I wonder what it looks like." Friede wondered. "I've heard some rumors, but that's all. They say this Titan is a... what they call it, an abnormal?" she asked herself. "Well as long as we follow the sergeant, we should be fine, right?" she asked Zach, only to get no response from the boy. She turned to look at him, only to see him staring at the ground below them like he had just seen a ghost. Friede in turn looked down as well, wanting to know what got Zach so spooked.

Needless to say, she shouldn't have looked at all. A giant hand reached out for her, and before she could recover from the initial shock, she was grabbed and crushed. He ribs, legs, and partially any bone which was engulfed in the Female Titan's hand snapped and cracked underneath the sheer force of power. The Female Titan released the poor girl, letting her broken body tumble to the ground.

And then she turned her attention to the other graduate, who had already begun to increase his speed by using up more gas than he should. He had reached his sergeant within literal seconds and looked at him with a terrified expression. "Friede is dead, sir!" he said, turning his head back. "And the Female Titan is right on us! If we don't increase our speed then we'll be killed!"

"Why the hell isn't it eating anyone?" the sergeant yelled, gritting his teeth. "This all doesn't make any sense! And where is the damn Survey Corps when you need them the most?! These guys specialize in killing Titans! Where the hell are-."

The sergeant stopped himself mid-sentence when four figures flew past them with incredible maneuverability and speed. Time seemed to slow down for the two MP soldiers as the figures' backs were completely exposed to them, giving them a good view of the insignia that was proudly printed on the back of it.