Chapter 7

Through the ages many heroes have come and gone. Many brave men, woman, and even children have sacrificed their lives for the greater good. Through their courage other heroes were born. Heroes that would continue their legacy, knowing that those brave souls who had fought evil before them had triumphed. And now there were so many heroes. But none could surpass the man who fought against evil so many times, that it actually bored him. Saitama. The One Punch Man.

A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles. Saitama has strength. He has the strength to defeat any evil, whether it'd be big or small. He was once an ordinary individual... but he had gotten stronger. He had become the hero he had always dreamt of becoming.

A great hero once said: 'When your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home.' And it's true. Because without the heroes, who would protect the people? It takes courage for one to put his or her life on the line. And not everyone can obtain such a great amount of courage. When you have courage, you have strength. And when you have strength, you have the chance to triumph over anything.

It took Saitama three years to reach this point. His courage, his determination, everything had led up to this point. The hero who would surpass everyone. A hero humanity needed. A hero evil would fear. Normally heroes fight monsters, the ones you see in comic books. But Titans? No, no hero could have thought of fighting those. But here he was. Saitama, the man with no limit to his power, doing just that.

This is just going to get more interesting.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saitama was happily walking around the Survey Corp's HQ. His hands in his pockets, the hero inhaled a gust of fresh air through his nostrils. It was a peaceful day. The hero could not believe he had been here for two weeks. He wondered how everything was going in City-Z. He wondered if Genos was searching for him. Saitama felt a bit disappointed. He had promised Genos he would teach him, take him in as his disciple. But now he was stuck in this strange world. And to top it all off, they didn't have Udon! Letting out a sigh, he continued his walk, only to be stopped when someone called out to him.

"Saitama, sir!"

Turning around to find out who the voice belonged to, Saitama gave a small wave at a blonde haired boy. "Oh, hello Armin." He greeted the boy.

"Good afternoon, sir." Armin said, saluting to him.

"Don't do that," Saitama said, rubbing his temples. "I'm not a soldier."

"But you are part of the Special Operations squad," Armin remarked. Clearing his throat, he continued. "Listen, this might come over as strange but... could you help me out with something?"

"Sure," Saitama replied, nodding his head. "What is it?"

"I need you to go and have a talk with my friend: Mikasa. She's worried sick about Eren, and she also hasn't been talking as much as she used to. She's usually the silent type, but now she's even more silent than usual." Armin said, holding his chin in thought. "I think it might be because of you. Or your powers, to be precise."

"And why is that?" Saitama asked, raising an eyebrow at him. "Is she jealous, or something?"

"I don't think it has anything to do with jealousy." Armin replied, shaking his head. "Listen, I'm sure you've already been told by the Commander what happened five years ago, right?"