Chapter 6

Saitama walked through the crowded halls of the Survey Corp's HQ, getting lost in his own thoughts as the hour to the graduation grew ever so close. Today was the day.

But what the heck was he supposed to do? He wasn't really your go-to person for pep-talks. Erwin, Levi, and even Petra told him the Survey Corps had the highest casualty rate of all the three regiments combined. So how the hell would he be able to convince them to join this suicide branch of the army? It's not like he could just lie to them and tell them nothing bad was going to happen. He might have lied to Genos one or two times, but those were lies for his and Genos' own good.

However, even he had to admit that lots of people were probably going to join the Scouts no matter if Saitama were there or no. From the stories he had been told; the Scouts had a long and bloody history behind them. He just hoped he would be able to change that.

Walking past several soldiers, who did not even take the time to greet him properly because they were too busy carrying equipment, the hero kept his gaze forward. Saitama noticed two soldiers walking towards him. Coming to a halt, Saitama exchanged glances between the two. "Can I help you?" he asked.

"We're here to inform you Commander Erwin wants you in his office." One of the two said.

"Okay." Saitama replied, waling passed them. He came to a halt once more when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"He wants you in his office, right now." the other soldier stated, crossing his arms.

Saitama let out an audible sigh and nodded, following the two soldiers as they walked down the halls. After a few minutes of walking and absolutely no exchange of words whatsoever, the trio had finally reached Erwin's office. Opening the door, Saitama stepped inside and closed the door behind him. He then turned his head towards the Commander, who was seated behind his desk as per usual.

"Saitama, please, have a seat." Erwin said, motioning to the chair that stood in front of his desk.

Nodding, Saitama did as Erwin said and took a seat in front of the Commander. "So, what do you want?" Saitama asked.

"In just two hours from now I will be attending a ceremony. At said ceremony the cadets who have graduated will choose which regiment they wish to join. Most of them join the Garrison regiment, where they will be safe behind the walls. But some soldiers, soldiers who wish to reclaim what is rightfully ours, wish to join the Survey Corps. I'm not sure how many will join us, because of the recent attack on Trost... but I hope at least some of them will join the Corps." Erwin replied, letting out a sigh before continuing. "We can really use all the help we can get... but now that we have you on our side, things might turn out better than I had first anticipated."

"What do you mean by that?" Saitama asked, raising an eyebrow at the Commander in confusion.

"The rumors about you have spread amongst the other branches. Even the cadets have gotten word of your presence in the Survey Corps. That is why I want to have you with me tonight. I want you to tell them who you are, what you have done, and what you are planning to do. I want you to show them that humanity can be victorious in this fight, and that we will reclaim what was once ours," Erwin replied, slamming both his hands on his desk. "You have to tell them the truth. You have to tell them everything..."

Saitama's expression turned serious. Pointing a thumb at himself, the hero spoke up. "So I'm supposed to tell them that 'everything will be all right?'" he asked.

"In a way," Erwin replied. "I will start the speech, and I'll have you finish the job."

"Those kids have been through a lot," Saitama said, leaning back into his chair. "Are you sure they can handle it? Are you sure you should even be doing this?"