Chapter 12

Morning had arrived quicker than any member of the Survey Corps could have anticipated. The news that a Titan shifter had been caught spread like a wildfire, even reaching the ears of many inhabitants of Wall Sina (which was not supposed to happen, but MP's can't keep their mouths shut). Never in their wildest dreams would they have imagined the Survey Corps being this successful. What everyone did not know—except for the members of the Survey Corps, was that it was all thanks to one man. This man was their savior, and whether they liked it or not, would be the key to humanity's survival against the looming Titan threat.

The fact that this man looked like your average citizen, except for his attire, made him even less recognizable as someone who can defeat Titans with one punch. It didn't help that he was currently being led to the house of one of his teammates, who had agreed to spend a day with him; while also wanting to introduce him to her parents.

Petra turned her head to Saitama and smiled. When she had asked Saitama to spend the day with her, he had reluctantly agreed, almost as if he had no idea how to answer such a simple question. Perhaps he was tired, or perhaps it was something else. Petra did not care, though. She just liked spending her free days with someone else than Olou, Gunther, Eld, and even Levi. She thought back to the many days she had spent with them, and she did enjoy their company. But getting to know Saitama better was crucial. She needed to get to know her squad mates better so she could rely on them. Not that she really needed to rely on Saitama... or rather the other way around, since he could easily take care of any Titan that dared to stand in his way.

It was a scary thought at first, walking besides a man with enough power to wipe you off the face of the Earth with a flick of his wrist. But after last night, when she had her talk with Saitama, she felt more at ease around him. He was a very kind man, even though he did not really show it. In a way Saitama shared great resemblance to Captain Levi. His blank stare, the way he faced off against Titans, he did not show any kinds of fear, just like her Captain. But her Captain would sometimes lose his cool... and that was something she had never seen Saitama do. He was always so calm and relaxed, as if he did not care about anything, unless it was of the utmost importance.

It was the same thing when they exited the Walls yesterday morning. While all the other soldiers were screaming and shouting, ready to face off against their enemies, he did not show any sign of emotion. This made her wonder if something was bothering him... she would have to ask him about that.

It was then that she realized how long she had been staring at Saitama. She quickly turned her gaze forward. But then she noticed two men walk towards them. She did not like it. Coming to a halt, she placed her hand on Saitama's shoulder.

"Hold up," she said, staring at him. "Those two could be trouble."

Saitama turned his head towards the two men and watched as they now stood in front of him. He took two quick glances between the two of them. One of them had a thick beard and was wearing a fishermen's hat, while the other had short spiky hair. They were around Saitama's height.

"Hey," one of the men said, staring at Saitama. "Are you him? The guy who defeated dozens of Titans by just punching them?" he asked.

Saitama nodded.

"I knew it!" the man exclaimed, grabbing hold of Saitama's shoulders and embracing him in a hug. "It might not concern you, but... my son died about two months ago on the 55th expedition. He was killed by a Titan... all they found was his upper body. I... just want to thank you. For avenging my son's death by slaughtering more of them." he said, tightening the embrace as his eyes began to water up. "You have no idea how much this means to me. Thank you, Humanity's Blade. Thank you."