Chapter 8

"The end of this mission is coming to a close, L/n-san?" Haibara proclaims jumping off the twin bed he and Nanami share whilst your bed is in the other room. 

The end of the day was coming and soon the bounty for the Star plasma vessel AKA Riko will soon be lifted, you suspect he did this because what life is it to live when you're just going to merge with some old fart. Guessing Gojo even has a heart, well he could be thinking with his dick, or it was Geto's idea?

Yeah, probably not, this trip has Gojo written all over it.

"I'm going to stay a little longer, something popped up but I'll be there on time for tomorrow's merger." The other two nod, Nanami doesn't seem like the character to ask why nor does Haibara, they must think you're just going sightseeing.

Despite how strong Gojo is, he's no God and far from beating exhaustion, there's something following him or more likely following Riko. Something unknown, something like yourself can't figure out but you feel it in your gut like you feel curse spirits are near. You wave goodbye to the first years and follow the unsettling trail way back to the school, to the inn the group stayed at, someone else has already been here.

There's a smell, a manly smell someone old enough but not too old where it's gross, a white collared man would wear. The only residue left at the site was small, it maybe faint but it was there nonetheless. A low grade curse that needs a symbiotic relationship to stay on par with the higher grades, the person is a cursed manipulator user?

Hairs rising on the back of your neck, one minute you're standing the centre of the courtyard and the next you stand headway towards the gate, where you were standing now resides an axe, the earth around it raised.

"You're fast." The heavy voice of a male speaks from the dust, there's just too many hiding spots that you don't know where he is. That and the fact he has no cursed energy.

Another twitch, a shiver runs down your spine the glint of a metallic weapon flies towards you, bending like that of dancer placing most of your weight on your lower back and toes curving out of the way. Watching as the kunai flies straight where your throat was just now, gulping slowly cursed energy flowing straight all around you, alert.

"You're not like me, I can sense you're a sorcerer but you can sense when things are coming towards you?" The voice rings out this time, a figure still dark behind the shadows moves freely between buildings.

Keeping your eyes on this man you never expected that the earth beneath your feet would crumble and burst out, spikes, wooden but sharp. Jumping to the roofs only to be met by a baton hitting both of your exposed elbows, in a defensive position, the attacker wastes no time for battle etiquette diving deep for the kill.

An assassin that used the small leagues to get this far, he's obviously not here for you but for the star plasma vessel, Rika.

From the excessive amount of attacks to your arms and hands this guy is trying everything he can to stop you from accessing your technique. Blugend and a little wobbly on your feet, slipping and falling the guy finally comes into view. He's huge, with long messy hair and a noticeable scar on the edge of his right lip.

He punches again at your stomach and with brass knuckles nicking at your jaw, blood splattering from your mouth, you begin to see the markings of your curse mark begin to show, that isn't good.

Tripping over your own feet, the guttering slices at your heel not enough to immobilize you but enough to sting like a little bitch. This would be a different story if he had cursed energy but to be born without an ounce of any is like fighting your natural enemy.

Which isn't irritating at all?

There's a gap between you and him, a moment, the time is now to strike whilst he, the unknown attacker is making his final move to finish you off and you the sorcerer bested by a non-curse user that kills people like you. In the span of seconds you draw your hands out for the technique Railgun, a field is formed around you and an exit point is made. 

He can't see what you're doing and in a disadvantage, its now or never. The flow of curse energy travels from your core like electrifying tendrils crawling up your arm, forming a mass of energy between your two palms. The man jumps with a knowing grin and a curved sword above his head, this is it.

As the hard concrete slabs hits your back jerking your arms upwards further and head rolling forwards, you open your eyes for the last time witnessing the charge of energy fire from you. Beaming out like hot plasma, you wouldn't know what happens after that falling into darkness for a few moments.

Coming to gurgling at the mouth or any holes that were elicited to you, drained physically and mentally the man stands above you the hilt of his curved sword in his hand you can only wonder where the tip is now. Numb from the pain via the curse energy flowing through your body and the shock of being defeated so easily.

He doesn't even look like he has a scratch on him, did that technique mean nothing to him?

"You don't happen to know where the girl is do you?" He peers down upon you like nothing, like he hasn't just stabbed you multiple times nor now stands above you with the end of his sword like a prick to a finger.

Raising your left hand with ounce of strength that you have left, curling your fingers with only your middle finger showing, a funny smirk dribbles off your lips. Tears well up and his unamused face lingers.

"Fuq-ugh-yuu-"Coughing out blood like it's not pooling out of you like a squeezed sponge, the man twists his blade, seizing from that everything in your body tenses.

"No worries I'll find them anyway."

~*~

Sorry if that was lil confusing but yes that was Toji Fushiguro and yes he would woop yo ass